Thread: Does anyone speak Hitachi?

Does anyone speak Hitachi?

Hi all,

I'm trying to control a Hitachi A300 Video Projector using TCPIP and sending RS232 serial commands to trigger its blank on and blank off function.

I've got the Catalyst end of things done I think - I've a serial device set up and see data to and from the projector.

However I'm damned if I can decipher the manual to work out what to put in the custom serial presets to tell it to set blank on / off!

Can anyone help? The manuals are here in my dropbox - with the blank on/off bit highlighted in the main manual.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/338894/A300%20manuals.zip

Thanks

Tim

Well according to the manual you have, command to turn black on should be typed into the serial preset as such:
    [beef0306006bd9010020300100]
    and black off:
    [beef030600fbd8010020300000]

It doesn't appear it needs a <CR> at the end, but you can try adding a 0d to the end of the string before then ending ].

Also make sure you are sending out at 19.2k baud with 8 data bits, no parity and 1 stop bit. Past that, make sure your tx/rx pins are in the right direction. You can try reversing them. (pin 2/3) and you can try using a null modem adapter. It swaps it within the adapter.

Past that, I am not sure. Make sure you don't have another speed selected within the projector if it supports that. You can also try using Putty or something on a PC to send a test command to the projector. I haven't used serial strings out of catalyst, but I can't imagine it not working..

3. "but I can't imagine it not working.." - never say that about serial!! Its more of a dark art than sound!!! ;-)
    Nev Bull
    Pixels Plus Limited
    Digital Video Services

Catalyst Software - Upgrades - Server Hardware - Accessories - Training - Support

t: +44 (0)1494 858151
    e: nev@pixelsplus.co.uk
    w: www.pixelsplus.co.uk

Got it - thanks Ryan and Nev - no Carriage return was needed - I had myself mixed up with quotes and spaces in between the hex pairs.

Thanks guys!

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by NevBull View Post
    "but I can't imagine it not working.." - never say that about serial!! Its more of a dark art than sound!!! ;-)
    Suppose it was a poor choice of words on my part! Believe me, I have spent a fare share cursing serial and everything about it.

But it did work for him

- WOW you guys are GEEKS!!! -
    SourceChild
    TODD SCRUTCHFIELD

...if it ain't broke...
    gimme 5 and then don't act surprised