Was up last night testing different mov files (photo jpeg, AIC... 25/30fps) on different versions of catalyst (4.10 - 4.40) running 10.5.8 + 10.6.7! Then got some sleep.

Im still finding dropped frames when using the audio play mode as mentioned in this thread. Looking at the stats its the middle 'pink' bar on the layers play graph that spikes (as mention before) causes the dropped frames and stutter.. be good to learn what this represents?

I also split video/audio on another layer and
  • a) triggered both play setting at the same time... video was one second behind by the end of the clip
  • b) synced them by local ID
  • c) ran Catalyst on another MacPro (no dongle) running just the audio and remote synced the two together. MacPro with the DV dongle was the master.

I did notice the screens i have been using are fixed to 60Hz and the cinema display 59.XX.

Will be using a TH2G with LX41 and Lighthouse R7 LED come the show in a weeks time!

Not looked into Playback Pro yet, will do, but did run the 25/30FPS versions on Qlab and that showed no problem. Least i have a backup, but need the functions of Catalyst.