Sorry, been busy so its taken me a bit to get back.

the hog is like 2.0.0.1 manually assigned.. No gateway either. And thats what I have figured. On startup though of catalyst, whichever interface that has a gateway does become the 'main' adapter cat uses.. Thus why I turn off the other on startup.

There isn't anything generating any DMX of any sort on the other network. It does have like 10 vlans on it with heavy multicasting on some of them (not the one the PVID of the port I am using is assigned to however). The multicasting is for some video stuff.

The ghost artnet is appearing on all sorts of universes. I just look at the DMX window and all the universes were pretty much flickering up and down. I can set it to universe 16-18 or something and try that.. but I doubt that will solve it.

I could manually assign the other network, as its currently getting a DHCP address.. I don't believe however that this will affect it any differently as its still on the same network and address range. I am using a PFSense router which is a pretty robust linux routing platform.

My whole thing is why is catalyst listening to multiple adapters, and especially since the other one is not a 10. or a 2. network and its changing the artnet adapter.. I understand catalyst is still going to communicate with them with the IO for accessories and web server.. But as far as the actual artnet.

As a side note, I have a 24 port switch sectioned off with 2 vlans on a Procurve 1810-24g. One is the Hognet side, the other is the artnet side. All my other switching and routing and vlans I am referring to are on a separate Cisco SG300 series switch.

I won't have this rig set up till the 9th of next month again.. I will play with it some more and see if I can figure it out a little bit. Just seems a bit weird to me.