Hello to everyone on the Catalyst forum, I was hoping I could get some help.
The artist I am currently touring with would like to purchase his own Catalyst system to save money on rentals and not always getting what we spec, having to re prep all the time etc.
We need a lightweight system due to shipping costs and have been toying with the idea of setting up a system running on the new 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Mac Mini or the 2.3GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7 MacbookPro

I was wondering if anyone on the forum has run of any of these and would be able to offer some advice, our current set up is as follows

2x Catalyst systems running 32 layers, 7 mixes (2 only used for tying in to local video, doesn't happen too often)

Cat 1 output A 1024x768 @60Hz
3x mixes (Active)
1x Pixel Mix
1x Blackmagic HDMI input @ 1080i

Cat 1 output B 1600x1200 @60Hz
2x mixes (Backup)

-------

Cat 2 output A 1024x768 @60Hz
3x mixes (Backup)

Cat 2 output B 1600x1200 @60Hz
2x mixes (Active)
1x Blackmagic HDMI input @ 1080i

The obvious first problem is the Blackmagic input card and how to get the HDMI input to the Mac, the second problem is needing 2 outputs, has anyone run the second output from the MacMini HDMI port, does anyone know of adapters for the MacBook Pro to run 2 outputs.

Sorry for the mass enquiry on my first postings to the forum but due to a very hectic schedule on tour I am having trouble doing the research so if anyone could offer any ideas or alternatives I would be very grateful.

Ben