Thread: SDI Record and Multi Mode playback

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by samsc
    Highend is terrified of video. hence the dl1. they turn it into a 'light' which they think they can sell to their dealers.

Im not doing a lighting product - but highend is.

Their marketing angle is 'digital lighting'
    I try to add show control and pro-video functionality.
    What i do has nothing to do with 'digital lighting'

SCSI? SDI?
    Highend thinks being able to move a video image around is 'cool'.
    Digital Lighting - Lighting's less offensive word for video. I hate this term because not only is it deceiving but it is a a bold faced lie. Sure light comes out of a projector or video wall but nonetheless, it is still video even if is attached to a yoke or head. This would be like Video people doing lighting at the same time and calling it Video Highlighting. How lame. They must think that the video world is stupid. When asked numerous times by tech directors, video operators, and the like "How is this lighting?" I always say "It's not, it's video." They always say, oh. If I were to answer them with the digital lighting answer, I would be insulting their intelligence. Video people are hardly stupid, especially about what is and isn't video.

They need to get off the fence and realize what they have.

I do think that all of the flexible features, even re-aspecting, are very cool as this would require a lot of extra equipment to do with any of the video based video servers. But it is still video.

This must be quite frustrating, thanks for explaining it to me. It would make me want to start a new project.

Christian
    Last edited by litemover; 10-05-2004 at 03:21 AM. Reason: My bad spelling