Hello everyone, wondering if someone might tell me something I may have missed. I am building a portable Catalyst system for the upcoming festivals and I have purchased a new Mac Mini Server. I tried it out with the original 2X500 gig drives and the performance was not so good. Yesterday I installed a OCZ Vertex 60 gig drive and unfortunately it did not improve much more. I read somewhere that I should run it in 32 bit mode so I held down the 3 and 2 at startup until it finished booting, Im hoping that did the trick. Anyone have any suggestions on what i may have missed or what I may want to do to try and get more performance out of this machine? Were pretty close to being where we need to be, but it is obvious its not there yet. Heres the info.....

New Mac Mini Server
Running Snow Leopard Server
Catalyst 257
Outputting 1024 by 768 via mini port to VGA into Imagepro
Run off Grand MA 1

All content is SD but each piece of content is an entire song, thats the way it was made so Im dealing with it. What I do to ensure everything hits its marks is while one is playing in the verse, I have a second layer scrubbed forward to the chorus, then I bring that layer up for the chorus and advance the other layer to setup for the next cue. I think you get what Im saying.

Any help and suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks, Matt