Here is everything I am doing with the catalyst. I have a triple wide screen, blended with catalyst and a triple head 2 go. The computer is a mid 2008 Mac pro with I think an Nvidia 8800. I have a 32GB SSD hard drive for content playback, and a decklink extreme hd 2 for video input.

Ok so at this point I have a video that is a background. It was rendered as a triple wide image. I don't know the exact resolution or what it's codec is. Then I have my other video that I am trying to play over that. This video was recorded at 1080i 59.94. I have exported it at a photo-jpeg at that resolution. I have also done an AIC at 1080i and 720p, and both get off. It is around a 1.9GB file. Then I have 3 layers looking at the video input which just has lyrics from another source coming in the sdi line.

I know that Protools was set at 29.97 when we recorded it. I will check to make sure that the video and audio line up by themselves, but that might be a little hard. 2 computers in 2 different rooms.

The midi device I have for catalyst is a cakewalk um-2g. I don't think it is very good, but it is what I have right now.

Is there anyway to force the catalyst to make my video top priority?

Thanks