Thread: HUD gets garbled 3 keystone mixes enabled

HUD gets garbled 3 keystone mixes enabled

I am having a weird problem with identical catalyst systems. I wonder if this is a bug...

This problem started after I updated OS to 10.6.5 from 10.5.5 to install Catalyst 4.40_m329_HD. Each system uses 2 monitors attached to one Radeon X1900 512MB.

Every time I turn on 3 or more mixes that are set to Type:Keystone, the HUD on the opposite screen gets garbled. It happens in either direction with both screens on all systems. See the attached screen shots.

Does this happen to anyone else? Any ideas why this might happen?

Processor: 2 x 2.66 GHZ Dual Core Intel Xeon
    Memory: 2GB 667 MHZ DDR2 FB-DIMM

can you send a copy of your show folder (without application)
    and also a system profile

Try downloading catalyst again from here:
    https://files.me.com/goatee/dv2hly

S
    Simon Pugsley

SNP Productions Ltd. (UK)
    Lighting & Video Control Solutions
    Catalyst|Sales|Hire|Training|Support
    Catalyst Dealer UK Europe & Worldwide...

Office: +44 (0)1908 410129
    Mobile: +44 (0)7958 390034
    simon@snp-productions.co.uk
    www.snp-productions.co.uk

Simon, I have e-mailed you the show files.

I have also downloaded the Catalyst app from the link above. I will try it tomorrow and post the results.

Thanks.

Tom,

I haven't been able to identify the issue but I know that following an upgrade path from 10.5.x to 10.6.x has caused issues with Catalyst. I have also personally seen this error before on 2006 Mac Pro machines with X1900 GPUs.

While I am aware that the issue is related to a bug in the quicktime frameworks of OS X, it is not something easy to pinpoint or explain.

The best suggestion for any future practice is to Clean Install 10.6.3 (most recent official DVD from Apple) and then update to 10.6.6, THEN configure and install apps/drivers, etc.

If your Catalyst systems are as simple as the Cat app on a mac then this is best. If however you have complex configurations, user preferences, and items you do not wish to take the time to install (IE greater than a few hours) then there is an additional step:

Use an auxiliary disk to boot to (the install DVD is fine but I have thumb drives with default system images). Once you boot to the aux system, use the Disk Utility to create an image of your 10.5.x system partition.

Once the image is created and stored as a DMG on another disk, perform your clean install to 10.6.3 and all updates to 10.6.6.

Then use the Migration Assistant to migrate from the DMG image to the newly fresh 10.6.6 install.

I want to note that this is only necessary if the scope of work to clean install everything on your system is significantly great. In all honesty, I've never had a Catalyst System that I couldn't clean install in less than 2 hours including software, drivers, etc.
    SourceChild
    TODD SCRUTCHFIELD

...if it ain't broke...
    gimme 5 and then don't act surprised

I posted this message in another section, but I think it is related.

http://chaldee1.gotadsl.co.uk/~richardb/upload/showthread.php?p=10001#post10001

We recently purchased a MacPro, I think 2006, with ATI 1900, Catalyst 4.40 m329 and we are having the same problem when trying to work with 3 mixer Keystone.
    The Snow Leopard 10.6.6 operating system has been installed at 0.

Any suggestions?

E Cueto

6. I have just done a show on 10.6.6 and m329 and have had exactly the same thing with X1900's

it can be 'fixed' if you play around with the number of mixes enabled on an output. Try turning on an extra mix or two.

Nev.
    Nev Bull
    Pixels Plus Limited
    Digital Video Services

Catalyst Software - Upgrades - Server Hardware - Accessories - Training - Support

t: +44 (0)1494 858151
    e: nev@pixelsplus.co.uk
    w: www.pixelsplus.co.uk

not quicktime- not catalyst or show files-

as this doesnt show up on non-x1900 systems -

probably some kindof out of memory error on graphics card not handled correctly by OS/graphics driver- this isnt quicktime - its graphics driver.

i very much doubt whether any kindof purgative and lengthy clean system install will make any difference either