Thread: Color Mixing inverts along with image inversion

Hybrid View

This works fully in Profile and the EVS system in real time. I wouldn't need to do this or ask for this if it didn't. When editors deliver key packages, this is how they deliver them to the Profile crew.

Because I am unable to do this, it causes both confusion and bewilderment on their behalf. I'm trying to make it simple for them so that they don't go back to the producer and say "why are we using Catalyst when it can't even key how we usually deliver it, we should just use Profile, blah blah blah".

Profile operators aren't the only ones who are scared of Catalyst, the editors and content creators are too. It's a very difficult political situation to be in. Catalyst will need to be able to keep up with the most fundamental and rudimentary features such as this in order to succeed in the television world.

Many productions are prohibited from using video because of the cost of Profile. Catalsyt comes in at the right price but because of features like this not being implemented, it makes it neccesary to have a reduced Profile system and crew which defeats the cost to savings ratio.

I'm not asking for chroma key, the Globecaster does this real time and live rather well for 40 grand.

Christian

keying is a tough problem that needs to be done right.

maybe when i have a spare week or two, ill have another look at the issues,