Thread: Color Mixing inverts along with image inversion

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by litemover
    Thank you Richard for changing it back,
    Christian.
    I have to explain this to people other than yourself.

You know whats going on.

Others dont.

Dont feel patronised.

I have to try and take a more general explanatory tone for those who dont understand.

----

This is for you:

The difference between a bug and functionality in this case is non-existent.
    There is no 'correct' way for this function to operate.
    There is no reason why it has to work the way it does.
    I didnt 'change it back' - i added another colour fx that works the way you describe.
    All these things are conventions that become established or changed through usage.
    For me -- v1 is not the right way to do anything. It is not a standard or benchmark.
    Software establishes its own conventions.
    when i can incorporate differing operating conventions - i try to do so, but i have to also try and limit the confusion that arises from adding features.
    For me - none of this is at all ideal.
    DMX is such a limitation. Trying to do things with a handful of channels, and avoiding too many modal states is very hard.

I am a mediator between the users and the underlying technology.
    Sometimes i have to tell users how it really is, sometimes i can hide all that from them.
    And in this case the underlying technology is an rgb system.

I had wished that i could set the defaults on the fader to 128 and allow users to add or subtract colour like they can in photoshop -
    but the underlying technology did not work on the last generation of graphics cards- and i could not do this - and it was a very low priority to make this work.

This is how it should have worked - you should have been able to do something like the colour balance function:
    Attached Images Attached Images