Quote Originally Posted by samsc
no.

nothing in catalyst is cmy.
its all rgb.
its all rgb because the output device is rgb.
it makes no sense at all in computer->projectors to talk about cmy.

but computer cmy is simply 1-r, or 1-g, or 1-b.
there is nothing complex about this.

what you saw with inverted colours was simply a little bug, i liked the result, so i left it in.

i added inverted colour modes that do this correctly yesterday.

---

what you need to be very very wary about is talking about lighting cmy or printing cmyk or computer cmy in the same way- they are quite different.

operating in different image colour spaces is totally different from whats going on here internally in catalyst.
Thank you Richard for changing it back,

Firstly, I appreciate your candor and advice, Richard, but I very clearly understand The differences between lighting CMY and computer RGB to produce CMY secondaries etc, so I hardly think that I need to be "very very wary" as I've been mixing colors for a very very long time now and know very cleary what is and was going on in this situation.

Now, weather or not Catalyst, computers, or projectors ever output CMY in a computer sense without being mixed by RGB levels to produce this illusion hardly matters to lighting designers, lighting programmers, or any end user or Catalyst that only knows about what is going on visually on the stage - which translates that the color mixing coming out of the projector, video wall, plasma screen, or catalyst, visually - is Cyan on one channel, Magenta on another channel, and yellow, on the other.

Lastly, if it "was a simple little bug that you decided to just leave in because you liked the effect", that's your perrogative, you wrote the proggie. For all I care, leave it in as you like it but please understand that I reported it to here because *it was a bug* that I noticed and *this is the bug report forum*. I don't care to participate in a helpful effort if I'm to be repaid by a sour response.

My time is very valuable, as is all of ours, and I don't charge for my advice or perspective on this product. It's a genuine interest that I have and something that I care about the future of. I hope to keep it that way.

Sincerely,
Christian Choi