Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: M329+FX4000 quadro problem

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Postma View Post
    You will probably need more than one Catalyst machine to accomplish this.
    I would recommend (x2) servers, each with a single TH2G and local monitor.

The spec NVIDIA lists for this card very clearly shows the maximum resolution to be: 2560x1600 @ 60Hz
    http://www.nvidia.com/object/product...00-mac-us.html

Todd is correct in stating that the general rule is to not use more than one TH2G per machine or two DH2G.
    Unless you are running at vey low resolution (x2) TH2G will most likely give you problems.

Hope this helps.

For single led screen much better to use one computer

He needs 4.5mega pixels which can be done with 3x1920x1080
    Doesn't need 6 outputs as such

I don't believe any nvidia output max of 2500x1600 is relevant in these situations
    Otherwise no large triple head outputs would ever work and larger resolutions than this do work

Quote Originally Posted by fabiopagano View Post
    hi Richard, the technical guide says you can not use two different types of triple head under windows, but no restriction for mac user. yesterday i have update triple head DP whit software matrox but nothing change.in matrox power desk i have standard setting. I will try to use old catalyst quad core 3 ghz whit ge force 8800 for six out if possibile
    You should also look at the datapath x4

Which does 4 completely configurable outputs unto 4x1080p30 on each dvi port
    And doesn't have the same restrictions of triple head

www.datapath.co.uk

this led want all pixel 3360 x 1360 ,no function zoom in the central is different from barco ,problem whit vertical size very high,i have datapath in rome, now i stay in sanremo for festival, also whith datapath the size vertical is problem ,do you have other solution ? 3 image pro hd can make size vertical at 1360 ??

this led want all pixel 3360 x 1360 ,no function zoom in the central is different from barco ,problem whit vertical size very high,i have datapath in rome, now i stay in sanremo for festival, also whith datapath the size vertical is problem ,do you have other solution ? 3 image pro hd can make size vertical at 1360 ??
    3360x1360 isnt any kindof dvi or vga standard-

so you split video wall between a number of inputs - and it has a mapping function?

presuming that the video wall has multiple inputs -
    what resolution can video wall input goto?

units led accepted resolution 1024 x 768-1280x1024 ,or 1600x1200 on DVI, glux is the name of product ,units make mapping but no zoom function

...I need 6 out at 1280x1024 to drive a 6 mm pitch LED screen measuring 3360x1360 total resolution size mix 1120x680 x 6...
    If I understand you correctly, you have 6 processors feeding 6 walls that are configured in a 3x2 arrangement...

I just created a test piece of content 3360x1360. I used my 2010 12-core mac pro running Catalyst with 2 RAID0 SSDs outputing on a quatro 4800.

I was only able to run 1 layer of content without frames dropping.

I did however split the piece into two pieces at half size (3360x680) and was able to run them both in perfect sync on 2 2008 mac pros.

If you do the same thing then you'll be fine.

Oh and please share more about the wall. I am impressed by a wall that is 20x8 meters at that high a that resolution.
    SourceChild
    TODD SCRUTCHFIELD

...if it ain't broke...
    gimme 5 and then don't act surprised

Quote Originally Posted by samsc View Post
    For single led screen much better to use one computer

He needs 4.5mega pixels which can be done with 3x1920x1080
    Doesn't need 6 outputs as such

I don't believe any nvidia output max of 2500x1600 is relevant in these situations
    Otherwise no large triple head outputs would ever work and larger resolutions than this do work
    Agreed one machine is always better if possible.

My understanding of how the TH2G boxes work is that they essesntially tell the video card what the total size of the "canvas" (raster) is, and then the TH2G cuts that "canvas" (raster) up accordingly. Am I correct? Or have I misunderstood the process somewhere?

My point was that anytime you step outside of the spec for any piece of gear you are in uncharted territory and cannot expect everything to go smoothly.....it might work or it might not. Results may vary widely.
    Best Regards,
    - Marty

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Postma View Post
    Agreed one machine is always better if possible.

My understanding of how the TH2G boxes work is that they essesntially tell the video card what the total size of the "canvas" (raster) is, and then the TH2G cuts that "canvas" (raster) up accordingly. Am I correct? Or have I misunderstood the process somewhere?

My point was that anytime you step outside of the spec for any piece of gear you are in uncharted territory and cannot expect everything to go smoothly.....it might work or it might not. Results may vary widely.
    thats correct - the pixel canvas is cut up-

the graphics card will only change to the screen resolution if it can- so its not uncharted as such -as it wont do something it cant-

the triple head uses an edid setting to tell the graphics card what size of screen its connected to-

also there is another thing to do with the bandwidth of dvi and display port connectors- and what the maximum pixel clock speed is- this is the main limit-

Richard hello sorry for the delay, I installed a GTX 285 version (windows bios) card instead of 4000 for the big picture with 6 LED outputs to 1280 x 1024, the measure of the total mixes is 6x1120x760 each, the machine is very good, not sin to use the card quadro 4000 with 2 triple head . I added a twin machine with geforce gt 8800per backup. As soon as I send you photos of the large LED. Thanks to all for your support, the other machine with the card quadroon 4000 with a single dvi triple head is very good, the machines are used x the festival of Italian song (San Remo) I forgot ,I have 2 ati 5870 cards on the shelf, nothing new from the ati?

Richard hello sorry for the delay, I installed a GTX 285 version (windows bios) card instead of 4000 for the big picture with 6 LED outputs to 1280 x 1024, the measure of the total mixes is 6x1120x760 each, the machine is very good, not sin to use the card quadro 4000 with 2 triple head . I added a twin machine with geforce gt 8800per backup. As soon as I send you photos of the large LED. Thanks to all for your support, the other machine with the card quadroon 4000 with a single dvi triple head is very good, the machines are used x the festival of Italian song (San Remo) I forgot ,I have 2 ati 5870 cards on the shelf, nothing new from the ati?
    gtx 285 with 2xdvi outputs - makes it easier to do 2xth2go

thanks

-

nothing from ati