Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M329+FX4000 quadro problem

Hybrid View

Unhappy M329+FX4000 quadro problem

Hello Richard, I need help with cat m329, I'm using 2 machines 12-core MacPro 2.66 ghz, 12 gb memory ,video card quadro 4000 for 6 out DVI at 1280x1024, one triple head DisplayPort, one triple head dvi classic., phoenix sdi, 2 disc OCZ for raid content Snow leopard 10.6.6.Whit catalyst open the triple head DP releases the video signal(black screen whit no video input ), the triple head dvi it's ok, with catalyst closed ,stable and ok, which may be the problem .triple head DP are not integrated in m329 ?? Operating system at 32 bit, capture video ok, sorry for my english:

Quote Originally Posted by fabiopagano View Post
    Hello Richard, I need help with cat m329, I'm using 2 machines 12-core MacPro 2.66 ghz, 12 gb memory ,video card quadro 4000 for 6 out DVI at 1280x1024, one triple head DisplayPort, one triple head dvi classic., phoenix sdi, 2 disc OCZ for raid content Snow leopard 10.6.6.Whit catalyst open the triple head DP releases the video signal(black screen whit no video input ), the triple head dvi it's ok, with catalyst closed ,stable and ok, which may be the problem .triple head DP are not integrated in m329 ?? Operating system at 32 bit, capture video ok, sorry for my english:
    its not catalyst -

its telling you - you are doing something the graphics card does not allow you to do

quadro 4000 +triple head Display port

screens on triple head whit display port lost signal video only when catalyst go in full screen mode (out 1 triple head DP ,out 2 triple head dvi )

screens on triple head whit display port lost signal video only when catalyst go in full screen mode (out 1 triple head DP ,out 2 triple head dvi )
    that means video card cant do this many outputs at this size-

you need to reduce outputs-

its not related to catalyst - its what the video card can do-

quadro 4000 +triple head Display port

tomorrow i try whit only one out on triple head whit displayport, if signal is good means that video card can't make 6 screen at 1280x1024 ,i can make 6 screens whit ge force 8800 and gtx 285 card ,maybe use two different tipe of triple head is not good idea .
    thanks good night

I have done plenty (too many) shows with dual TH2G. They have all been on 2008 machines with 8800s. Just because I have done this does not mean I suggest this. In fact, I won't do it anymore.

In the 2009 or 2010 machines, I have not been successful in using 2 TH2G boxes, especially mixing 2 different types.

The best recommended configuration for a TH2G is to place it on the second Output and have a monitor or 4th out on the First Output.

I will also note that 1280x1024 is 5:4 ratio not 4:3. If your output devices are 5:4 then using the 1280x1024 is reasonable. Otherwise, stick with 1024x768 unless you absolutely need the resolution. Then only use a 5:4 if your projectors are 5:4 otherwise, you'll need to use the Matrox Desktop to enable 1280x960 which is 4:3.
    SourceChild
    TODD SCRUTCHFIELD

...if it ain't broke...
    gimme 5 and then don't act surprised

tomorrow i try whit only one out on triple head whit displayport, if signal is good means that video card can't make 6 screen at 1280x1024 ,i can make 6 screens whit ge force 8800 and gtx 285 card ,maybe use two different tipe of triple head is not good idea .
    thanks good night
    what works and doesnt is a thing between matrox and graphics cards

and apple and graphics card -

quadro 4000 make 7 layer hd1 920x1080 at 25 fps ,whit raid 0CZ,one monitor for local and one triple head DVI @ 3840x 1024 ,good card i think, whit only one triple head,bit rate at 80/90 mbit,file size 600 mb about, AIC codec ,what do you think codec pro res codec for trasparency ,instead of animation codec ,i have try whit my book pro and catalyst demo mode, not very good ,some drops ,if you can try codec pro res and tell me . by by

two DHTgo

I'm also struggling with a similar problem. I Have a new 8core Macpro with standard ATI HD5770. Using two DHTG digital edition there is no problem. It is limited to 2560pix.That's is why we changed to the dp edition. This where things started to go bad. We are driving three microtile walls and one projection. I'm not able to get an image after start-up. But it is funny that true screensharing I can see the that the MacPro sees the DHTG and expands the desktop. But no image on the microtiles /projection. When I connect a monitor on one of the outputs, the DHTG goes active. Swap the microtile back and things get finaly to work for one the two DHTG. After some trying I get both DHTG to work. But never from the first time. I need to put a monitor first to get this to work. Any Ideas?

Gilles

Quote Originally Posted by gillekes View Post
    I'm also struggling with a similar problem. I Have a new 8core Macpro with standard ATI HD5770. Using two DHTG digital edition there is no problem. It is limited to 2560pix.That's is why we changed to the dp edition. This where things started to go bad. We are driving three microtile walls and one projection. I'm not able to get an image after start-up. But it is funny that true screensharing I can see the that the MacPro sees the DHTG and expands the desktop. But no image on the microtiles /projection. When I connect a monitor on one of the outputs, the DHTG goes active. Swap the microtile back and things get finaly to work for one the two DHTG. After some trying I get both DHTG to work. But never from the first time. I need to put a monitor first to get this to work. Any Ideas?

Gilles
    the DHTG might need to see a monitor connected to its output before it turns itself on-
    the microtiles might not be providing correct EDID information - to engage DHTG
    suggest you use a DVI parrot or similar to spoof the monitor EDID

-

i dont believe DHTG are limited to 2560 - depends on how you connect to it-
    this might be a mini display port bandwidth limit - not the DHTG