Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: M329+FX4000 quadro problem

quadro 4000 make 7 layer hd1 920x1080 at 25 fps ,whit raid 0CZ,one monitor for local and one triple head DVI @ 3840x 1024 ,good card i think, whit only one triple head,bit rate at 80/90 mbit,file size 600 mb about, AIC codec ,what do you think codec pro res codec for trasparency ,instead of animation codec ,i have try whit my book pro and catalyst demo mode, not very good ,some drops ,if you can try codec pro res and tell me . by by

two DHTgo

I'm also struggling with a similar problem. I Have a new 8core Macpro with standard ATI HD5770. Using two DHTG digital edition there is no problem. It is limited to 2560pix.That's is why we changed to the dp edition. This where things started to go bad. We are driving three microtile walls and one projection. I'm not able to get an image after start-up. But it is funny that true screensharing I can see the that the MacPro sees the DHTG and expands the desktop. But no image on the microtiles /projection. When I connect a monitor on one of the outputs, the DHTG goes active. Swap the microtile back and things get finaly to work for one the two DHTG. After some trying I get both DHTG to work. But never from the first time. I need to put a monitor first to get this to work. Any Ideas?

Gilles

Quote Originally Posted by gillekes View Post
    I'm also struggling with a similar problem. I Have a new 8core Macpro with standard ATI HD5770. Using two DHTG digital edition there is no problem. It is limited to 2560pix.That's is why we changed to the dp edition. This where things started to go bad. We are driving three microtile walls and one projection. I'm not able to get an image after start-up. But it is funny that true screensharing I can see the that the MacPro sees the DHTG and expands the desktop. But no image on the microtiles /projection. When I connect a monitor on one of the outputs, the DHTG goes active. Swap the microtile back and things get finaly to work for one the two DHTG. After some trying I get both DHTG to work. But never from the first time. I need to put a monitor first to get this to work. Any Ideas?

Gilles
    the DHTG might need to see a monitor connected to its output before it turns itself on-
    the microtiles might not be providing correct EDID information - to engage DHTG
    suggest you use a DVI parrot or similar to spoof the monitor EDID

-

i dont believe DHTG are limited to 2560 - depends on how you connect to it-
    this might be a mini display port bandwidth limit - not the DHTG

Quote Originally Posted by samsc View Post
    the DHTG might need to see a monitor connected to its output before it turns itself on-
    the microtiles might not be providing correct EDID information - to engage DHTG
    suggest you use a DVI parrot or similar to spoof the monitor EDID

-

i dont believe DHTG are limited to 2560 - depends on how you connect to it-
    this might be a mini display port bandwidth limit - not the DHTG
    The DHTG digital edition gets its signal in VGA. They are connected with minidp to VGA adapter from Apple. I think the ATI does not go beyond 2560 on analog video.
    The DHTG digital edition works fine with micro tiles.
    I might have to look in the DVI Parrot to see if I get this working with the DP edition.

Quote Originally Posted by gillekes View Post
    The DHTG digital edition gets its signal in VGA. They are connected with minidp to VGA adapter from Apple. I think the ATI does not go beyond 2560 on analog video.
    The DHTG digital edition works fine with micro tiles.
    I might have to look in the DVI Parrot to see if I get this working with the DP edition.
    no - true analogue vga video works at higher resolutions than mini dp.
    the limit is on minidp - possibly apples version of its convertor

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mini_DisplayPort
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=634592

there are multiple complications with single and dual link dvi as well

Quote Originally Posted by samsc View Post
    no - true analogue vga video works at higher resolutions than mini dp.
    the limit is on minidp - possibly apples version of its convertor

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mini_DisplayPort
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=634592

there are multiple complications with single and dual link dvi as well
    Do you know of any that would permit higher resolution? With the adapter from Apple I can´t go beyond 2560. I connect the DHTG digital Edition to my 2008 Macpro DVI and Resolution goes up to 3840.