Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: M329+FX4000 quadro problem

Unhappy M329+FX4000 quadro problem

Hello Richard, I need help with cat m329, I'm using 2 machines 12-core MacPro 2.66 ghz, 12 gb memory ,video card quadro 4000 for 6 out DVI at 1280x1024, one triple head DisplayPort, one triple head dvi classic., phoenix sdi, 2 disc OCZ for raid content Snow leopard 10.6.6.Whit catalyst open the triple head DP releases the video signal(black screen whit no video input ), the triple head dvi it's ok, with catalyst closed ,stable and ok, which may be the problem .triple head DP are not integrated in m329 ?? Operating system at 32 bit, capture video ok, sorry for my english:

Quote Originally Posted by fabiopagano View Post
    Hello Richard, I need help with cat m329, I'm using 2 machines 12-core MacPro 2.66 ghz, 12 gb memory ,video card quadro 4000 for 6 out DVI at 1280x1024, one triple head DisplayPort, one triple head dvi classic., phoenix sdi, 2 disc OCZ for raid content Snow leopard 10.6.6.Whit catalyst open the triple head DP releases the video signal(black screen whit no video input ), the triple head dvi it's ok, with catalyst closed ,stable and ok, which may be the problem .triple head DP are not integrated in m329 ?? Operating system at 32 bit, capture video ok, sorry for my english:
    its not catalyst -

its telling you - you are doing something the graphics card does not allow you to do

quadro 4000 +triple head Display port

screens on triple head whit display port lost signal video only when catalyst go in full screen mode (out 1 triple head DP ,out 2 triple head dvi )

screens on triple head whit display port lost signal video only when catalyst go in full screen mode (out 1 triple head DP ,out 2 triple head dvi )
    that means video card cant do this many outputs at this size-

you need to reduce outputs-

its not related to catalyst - its what the video card can do-

tomorrow i try whit only one out on triple head whit displayport, if signal is good means that video card can't make 6 screen at 1280x1024 ,i can make 6 screens whit ge force 8800 and gtx 285 card ,maybe use two different tipe of triple head is not good idea .
    thanks good night

I have done plenty (too many) shows with dual TH2G. They have all been on 2008 machines with 8800s. Just because I have done this does not mean I suggest this. In fact, I won't do it anymore.

In the 2009 or 2010 machines, I have not been successful in using 2 TH2G boxes, especially mixing 2 different types.

The best recommended configuration for a TH2G is to place it on the second Output and have a monitor or 4th out on the First Output.

I will also note that 1280x1024 is 5:4 ratio not 4:3. If your output devices are 5:4 then using the 1280x1024 is reasonable. Otherwise, stick with 1024x768 unless you absolutely need the resolution. Then only use a 5:4 if your projectors are 5:4 otherwise, you'll need to use the Matrox Desktop to enable 1280x960 which is 4:3.
    SourceChild
    TODD SCRUTCHFIELD

...if it ain't broke...
    gimme 5 and then don't act surprised

tomorrow i try whit only one out on triple head whit displayport, if signal is good means that video card can't make 6 screen at 1280x1024 ,i can make 6 screens whit ge force 8800 and gtx 285 card ,maybe use two different tipe of triple head is not good idea .
    thanks good night
    what works and doesnt is a thing between matrox and graphics cards

and apple and graphics card -

Quote Originally Posted by SourceChild View Post
    I have done plenty (too many) shows with dual TH2G. They have all been on 2008 machines with 8800s. Just because I have done this does not mean I suggest this. In fact, I won't do it anymore.

In the 2009 or 2010 machines, I have not been successful in using 2 TH2G boxes, especially mixing 2 different types.

The best recommended configuration for a TH2G is to place it on the second Output and have a monitor or 4th out on the First Output.

I will also note that 1280x1024 is 5:4 ratio not 4:3. If your output devices are 5:4 then using the 1280x1024 is reasonable. Otherwise, stick with 1024x768 unless you absolutely need the resolution. Then only use a 5:4 if your projectors are 5:4 otherwise, you'll need to use the Matrox Desktop to enable 1280x960 which is 4:3.
    i think there is a maximum limit which the graphics card will do
    and
    i think there are some things with display port bandwidth and how this works - how many output lanes are in use

there has possibly been some architecture change to recent graphics cards which puts a lower limit on output sizes

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DisplayPort
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mini_DisplayPort

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MB571Z/A

DisplayPort is capable of directly emitting single-link HDMI and DVI signals using Dual-mode DisplayPort. VESA has issued interoperability guidelines for supporting single-link DVI and HDMI through a DisplayPort connection using a relatively simple passive adapter that adjusts for the lower voltages required by DisplayPort.[15][16] Dual-mode DisplayPort chipset detects the DVI or HDMI passive adapter and switches to DVI/HDMI mode which uses the 4-lane main DisplayPort link and AUX channel link to transmit 3 TMDS signals plus a Clock signal and Display Data Channel data/clock from the chipset. Dual-mode compatible ports are marked with the DP++ logo; most current DisplayPort graphics cards and monitors support this mode.[4]
    A notable limitation is that dual-mode can only transmit single-link DVI/HDMI, as the number of pins in the DisplayPort connector is insufficient for dual-link connections and an active converter is needed for Dual-Link DVI (and analog component video such as VGA); however, VESA foresees that all HDMI conversion will eventually be handled by active adapters which act as DisplayPort Sink devices, in order to facilitate easier updates to latest HDMI specs and support multiple streams, dual-link HDMI,[4] or DisplayPort connection with fewer than 4 lanes, as in PDMI. DVI 1.0 spec was finalized in 1999 and the DVI industry consortium has since disbanded, which means future updates to DVI specification are unlikely; also, although dual-link HDMI Type B is defined in the HDMI specification, it has not seen any practical use so far

Also with only one triple head Displayport same defect, When catalyst go in full screen mode black screen (no video input) I need 6 out at 1280x1024 to drive a 6 mm pitch LED screen measuring 3360x1360 total resolution size mix 1120x680 x 6
    some ideas for fix this ?thanks to all

Also with only one triple head Displayport same defect, When catalyst go in full screen mode black screen (no video input) I need 6 out at 1280x1024 to drive a 6 mm pitch LED screen measuring 3360x1360 total resolution size mix 1120x680 x 6
    some ideas for fix this ?thanks to all
    is this for the display port model or the other one?
    this means you are doing something the triple head and graphics card dont want to do

-

what refresh rate are you set to?