Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Catalyst v4.4 m329

New version flickering

I have installed the latest version 4.40_329_HD on my MAC (OSX 10.6.4). The layer window flickers like mad when I try to turn HUD off. Also the bar by the percentage figures at the bottom of the screen are flickering like mad (sorry for the non technical terminology).
    When I run the pervious version on the same machine all is ok

Any idea what I can do?

Thanks,
    Orri

I have installed the latest version 4.40_329_HD on my MAC (OSX 10.6.4). The layer window flickers like mad when I try to turn HUD off. Also the bar by the percentage figures at the bottom of the screen are flickering like mad (sorry for the non technical terminology).
    Any idea what I can do?
    Which mac? What spec?
    which previous version?

make sure you installed all 10.6.4 updates including graphics update.

i also get the flickering windows when i close them, on both out puts.

On another subject, how do i activate the frame blending onto layers? i followed the document richard posted and i got it working the preview of that setup window, but now how do i make it so i can use it?

Thanks guys.

Hamish

Quote Originally Posted by hdmcc View Post
    i also get the flickering windows when i close them, on both out puts.

On another subject, how do i activate the frame blending onto layers? i followed the document richard posted and i got it working the preview of that setup window, but now how do i make it so i can use it?

Thanks guys.

Hamish
    make sure you have installed all apple updates for the system you are using including the 10.6.4 graphics update

--

frame blending - its a colour fx - put that colour fx on a layer- slow the playspeed down

Just tried out the frame blending fx, what I find strange and unwanted, is that when I select the frame blending fx via dmx, all colour info (CMY mix) that I put onto the black and white content dissapeared. Is this because it's a colour fx and you can't have both colour and an effect at the same time, or is it more likely to be a problem with my personality file?
    Running on a macbook pro i7 with 10.6.5. Light desk is jands vista.
    Best regards/ Björn Stolt

Quote Originally Posted by Orri View Post

Any idea what I can do?

Thanks,
    Orri
    orri tells me he has installed all updates and this has gone away-

i dont have any machines or graphics cards as old as the ones he has

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by proudlight View Post
    Just tried out the frame blending fx, what I find strange and unwanted, is that when I select the frame blending fx via dmx, all colour info (CMY mix) that I put onto the black and white content dissapeared. Is this because it's a colour fx and you can't have both colour and an effect at the same time, or is it more likely to be a problem with my personality file?
    Running on a macbook pro i7 with 10.6.5. Light desk is jands vista.
    Best regards/ Björn Stolt
    did you get it to work in gui first without dmx?

show me a screen capture of what you did

doesnt sound like anything to do with catalyst

I had this happen once on my i7 17" MBP.. Can't remember much about it, other then it only happened a couple times in the same timeframe.. And either an update or deleting the show files in the catalyst reset it.. Or maybe I had put a newer version on.. Either way, works fine now.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanww View Post
    I had this happen once on my i7 17" MBP.. Can't remember much about it, other then it only happened a couple times in the same timeframe.. And either an update or deleting the show files in the catalyst reset it.. Or maybe I had put a newer version on.. Either way, works fine now.
    you refer to flickering thing?

Richard, I am on a short holiday right now at my father, so I don't have the lightdesk here, but tried it directly in the GUI. This is what happens, on layer 4, same RGB settings, only difference is that on the "white" picture the frame blend fx is on.
    So it is something strange going on here.
    Can you try to recreate it? So we can make sure it's something with my computer, only having one mac here, so nothing else to try on.
    /Björn
    Attached Images Attached Images