Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Catalyst v4.4 m329

Quote Originally Posted by RyWolf View Post
    Care to explain play mode 51 Autofade and the step modes.
    I must be missing something
    step play - change state between stop then step play it steps through the movie one frame at a time-
    useful when you want to step from from image to the next- i had a show with 8000 still images in a movie

-

autofade is an experiment for some users - its not finished

Any changes in layer and mixes amount in dv and express?
    /Björn

Quote Originally Posted by proudlight View Post
    Any changes in layer and mixes amount in dv and express?
    /Björn
    no- i kept all those the same.

Hi Richard,
    Congratulation on new version frameblending is very helpful as are fx editor and new play audio modes. I recently started programming a show in version 257 but as the show developed it got really audio heavy so i migrated over to the new version. I noticed that all layers in mixes jumped down by one mix. So for my show i had layers 1 to 8 assigned to mix 3 only , these now were assigned to mix 2 and the same for other mixes moving down by 1, so i don't know if u had allowed for migration between the softwares or if this is a bug but either ways i've flagged it.
    Mick

Quote Originally Posted by Mick Murray View Post
    Hi Richard,
    Congratulation on new version frameblending is very helpful as are fx editor and new play audio modes. I recently started programming a show in version 257 but as the show developed it got really audio heavy so i migrated over to the new version. I noticed that all layers in mixes jumped down by one mix. So for my show i had layers 1 to 8 assigned to mix 3 only , these now were assigned to mix 2 and the same for other mixes moving down by 1, so i don't know if u had allowed for migration between the softwares or if this is a bug but either ways i've flagged it.
    Mick
    all layers in mixes? is this a dmx thing? you mean the dmx patch for layer assignment?

if it is - sounds like someone changed the patch or patch defintion you were using?
    i dont believe i changed anything in this-

-

i try to aim for backwards compatibility at all times- too many shows out there - and much unhappiness if i break anything

Yep i had layers 1 to 8 in mix 3 , layers 10 and 11 in mix 4, layers 13,14,15 in mix 5
    ... up to mix 9. When i migrated it across everything jumped down 1 mix, so i had layer 1 to 8 in mix 2 , layer 10 and 11 in mix 3 . The mixes were correct sizes but the wrong mix number! I just tried to recreate the bug with the same file but it didnt work which is bizarre.
    Mick

Yep i had layers 1 to 8 in mix 3 , layers 10 and 11 in mix 4, layers 13,14,15 in mix 5
    ... up to mix 9. When i migrated it across everything jumped down 1 mix, so i had layer 1 to 8 in mix 2 , layer 10 and 11 in mix 3 . The mixes were correct sizes but the wrong mix number! I just tried to recreate the bug with the same file but it didnt work which is bizarre.
    Mick
    thanks -

i think thats a window position thing - as saved in general preferences between restarts

not anything thats stored in the presets- as mix position-

once you run m329 once- and move the windows back into the right position - this will go away-

a lot of settings change in a year and a half -

HUD breaking down

Hi Richard,
    I've been programming a show on version 4.4 m329 using presets, i've 53 presets at the moment most of them only snapshotting the layers i'm using.
    I now have 9 layers for mix 3 ( 1 to 9) , 2 layers for mix 4 (10,11) 1 layer mix 5 (layer 13), 2 layers mix 6 (layer 15,16), 5 layers mix 7 (layers 22 ,23,24,25,26), 3 layers mix 8 (27,28,29) one layer mix 9 (layer 31 ) and using layer 32 for audio only .movs. I programmed on my macbook pro up until 2 days ago ( with the idea of transferring to my real catalyst system which is on another job) , then the gui started to break down, the layers and presets controls lost most of their coherence and blocks replaces them instead, see pics attached, the faders could just about be made out from the blocks and they did have some functionality. The layers are spread over 1 output (output 2) 3096 x 1024 ( matrox triple head digital edition) and i have a preview on macbook desktop. I thought this was a graphics card problem / driving the macbook way too hard for the job, so i migrated over to the real system today, i just ran the show and i'm seeing the same problem, on a quick look is it use of too may layers causing this? I'm using int>0 playmode on all video with audio files and video files, there is never more than 3 layers active (int > 0 ) except for a few crossfade instances when it goes to 5 during the x fades. The video is all reasonably low res (most 640 x 480 or less) There is one large file which i have converted with the inbuilt convertor and reduced the size quite considerably. The Video all plays well and x fades fine, computer is running at about 20% on the blue bar. The mixes are so many as i have 8 objects in the foreground that i am mapping onto. I am using aspect correction in the mix as well as keystoning on 4 of the mixes to map the images correctly to the objects, one mix uses a curved screen correction.

In full screen the gui corrupts, its fine out of fullscreen
    Reduced number of layer appearing on control makes it run a bit better, when u click on the layers tab it sometimes comes back

Just noticed
    Putting all the mixes to flat constant aspect ratio, removes the problem, so i guess that may be the answer, am i asking way too much of my machine?
    Mick

dont seem to be able to attach images will so so in next post

Specs on my macbook pro are :
    2.33Ghz core 2 duo
    3GB ram
    ATI RADEON x1600
    256gb crucial ssd
    on the real machine:
    Dual core 3ghz , macpro 1.1
    ATI X1900XT
    ssd Mtron 32gb drive
    5GB ram

HUD / GUI fail ???

See attached photos for above post on GUI
    Thanks
    Mick
    Attached Images Attached Images

See attached photos for above post on GUI
    Thanks
    Mick
    which operating system are you using?

suggest you install all updates-

other than that - you are doing a lot on old hardware - with limited resources - your macbook is 2006