Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Artnet connection issues Martin ether2dmx

Artnet connection issues Martin ether2dmx

Having issues connecting a Martin ether2dmx box as an input to catalyst. Cat set to 2.0.0.1 subnet mask 255.0.0.0
    Ether2dmx set to 2.0.0.2 subnet mask 255.0.0.0

I have connected the input ports and all on the box, and shows dmx values coming in from the desk.
    Catalyst sees the box but doesn't see any inputs with it configured to universe 1. But if I change that to 17 (next range) it says it as an input, however in dmx viewer there is no data on that address or any address, and there is no colour in the the boxes at the top to suggest a signal.
    Have tried it with a pc running a demo of arkaos, and drives it fine.

Am I doing something wrong here?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Spark View Post
    Having issues connecting a Martin ether2dmx box as an input to catalyst. Cat set to 2.0.0.1 subnet mask 255.0.0.0
    Ether2dmx set to 2.0.0.2 subnet mask 255.0.0.0

I have connected the input ports and all on the box, and shows dmx values coming in from the desk.
    Catalyst sees the box but doesn't see any inputs with it configured to universe 1. But if I change that to 17 (next range) it says it as an input, however in dmx viewer there is no data on that address or any address, and there is no colour in the the boxes at the top to suggest a signal.
    Have tried it with a pc running a demo of arkaos, and drives it fine.

Am I doing something wrong here?
    show me screen capture of mac network settings
    and catalyst dmx input HUD-
    thanks

Thanks Richard
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks Richard
    you have any other devices or computers on this network?

what are the configuration options on the martin ether2dmx unit??

Thanks Richard
    looks to me like you have 2 devices on the network with the same IP address-

both your martin ether2dmx and archaos on 2.0.0.2?

No nothing. Direct link. It's pretty simple it has ip address, 3 choices of subnet mask, and 4x input and 4x output routing options. Can enable or disable them and patch them to any universe. That's it. I have another option coming so if I can't get it to work it's not a biggie.

image 2 is showing a single input device on universe 16 - that looks like its a media server-

this is a polled list of devices on the network that respond to artnet info requests from catalyst

show me what you see here in different configurations of ether2dmx box - different input and output settings

there isnt any artnet showing in any universe - but some artnet box is there - its replying to poll messages

thanks

Hi Dave

Hope all is well in Christchurch.

Would suggest totally resetting the ether2dmx box.

Being a martin piece of kit, check the DMX polarity - you may need to phase change t if its old 3 pin style... this may be why you don't see any values?

Also configure one of the outputs to the same as the DMX input universe - so that you can check with a DMX tester to see if the unit is functioning correctly. This should also flag up if phase change is necessary.

Bear in mind that Martin also use 1base HEX. ie:
    Decimal 1 = Hex 0, Decimal 2 = Hex 1 Decimal 16 = Hex f etc...

You seem to have everything set up correctly on the mac and in catalyst as discussed...
    check out the ether2dmx manual:
    http://www.martin.com/service/downlo...N_D.pdf&cat=65

regards

Simon
    Simon Pugsley

SNP Productions Ltd. (UK)
    Lighting & Video Control Solutions
    Catalyst|Sales|Hire|Training|Support
    Catalyst Dealer UK Europe & Worldwide...

Office: +44 (0)1908 410129
    Mobile: +44 (0)7958 390034
    simon@snp-productions.co.uk
    www.snp-productions.co.uk

Hi Simon,

Sorry so long to reply. Has been an interesting week here. I tried after our initial conversation to reset the box, and messed about with settings to no avail. I had to move on in the end and had no trouble connecting to an enttec artnet device. Thanks for your help and you too Richard.

Hi Simon,

Sorry so long to reply. Has been an interesting week here. I tried after our initial conversation to reset the box, and messed about with settings to no avail. I had to move on in the end and had no trouble connecting to an enttec artnet device. Thanks for your help and you too Richard.
    thanks-

artnet is actually really simple - which is what should and does usually make it easy to work with-

it should just work-

there are as few requirements as possible-

so when it doesnt it usually something wrong with boxes themselves or cables or network interference.