Thread: Pixelmad Backup or Transfer Settings

Pixelmad Backup or Transfer Settings

hi all,

having a strange problem. normally when i transfer a show between computers i just zip up the folder containing the application and its relevant txt files, xml and the like. then i just unzip on the new machine and presto everything is as it was. working on a show with bunch of fixtures laid out in pixelmad and when i transfer that between machines everything except my pixel mix information comes across. so presets are there but now pixel mixes. which is really what i need. one thing i'm noticing is that the machines aren't on the same version of mac os (not my machines and i didn't have the backup machine until i had already done the work on the primary). the primary which is the one i've been doing the work on is running 10.4.9 while the newer "backup" machine is running 10.5.8. Using Catalyst 4.20_m257UB_HD. anyone have any ideas? any help much appreciated.

FYI. turns out one machine was a g5. therein lies the problem. renamed the preference files

CatIntel__Settings for intel
    swap
    CatPPC__Settings for ppc

and it seems to work.

You can export the Pixelmap settings in the pixelmap view -> Edit fixtures. of you main machine. You will get a txt file.

You can then import that txt file by using import in the pixelmap view -> Edit fixtures of your backupmachine.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Erik-Jan Berendsen