Thread: Some Things are Still Better on 10.5???

Hybrid View

Yep, I have noticed this on 2008 machines. I don't see it on 2009 machines though.
    SourceChild
    TODD SCRUTCHFIELD

...if it ain't broke...
    gimme 5 and then don't act surprised

thats just great.... would you say that you have played with this enough to call that a certainty? I wonder what the deal is/can it be solved

Quote Originally Posted by SourceChild View Post
    Yep, I have noticed this on 2008 machines. I don't see it on 2009 machines though.
    there is an evolving ( not fully determined ) graphics driver problem with 10.6.4 in some but not all systems

Hey.. thanks for the fast replies... sorry I didnt give u the version.. it is the current version..10.6.4. as far as what I am doing with the inputs it doesnt seem to matter.. Just having them on does it. Assigning to a layer etc appears to have no effect. I dont recall if having the global video enabled with no inputs actually digitizing caused the same problem. I can get back to you on this in a couple days if you wish. I was using LFG cards for input.

I will downgrade one of my OS drives to 10.6.3 if I have the time on upcoming gig this week. Seems like the best way to confirm or eliminate this Apple issues as the actual issue here.

What else can I provide u with?

Quote Originally Posted by ajmaudio View Post
    Hey.. thanks for the fast replies... sorry I didnt give u the version.. it is the current version..10.6.4. as far as what I am doing with the inputs it doesnt seem to matter.. Just having them on does it. Assigning to a layer etc appears to have no effect. I dont recall if having the global video enabled with no inputs actually digitizing caused the same problem. I can get back to you on this in a couple days if you wish. I was using LFG cards for input.

I will downgrade one of my OS drives to 10.6.3 if I have the time on upcoming gig this week. Seems like the best way to confirm or eliminate this Apple issues as the actual issue here.

What else can I provide u with?
    might be the graphics problem in 10.6.4 then

there is no way to confirm or eliminate

suggest dual partition with 10.6.0 on one - partition - see if this makes problem go away. keep 10.6.4 partition on disc
    dont know which snow leopard version started this potential problem

Apple just started Seeding developer builds of 10.6.5. The are asking testers to focus on certain things. Two specifically are 3D graphics and quicktime.

This information is based off of preliminary discussion but there are no details on what things in QT or 3d graphics.

However, based on noise around tech forums, there's a hope there might be a fix.

Please do not take this information as fact. However, optimistically 10.6.5 might have solutions that will help us with our problems.
    SourceChild
    TODD SCRUTCHFIELD

...if it ain't broke...
    gimme 5 and then don't act surprised