Thread: 1080p and 720p playback

Hybrid View

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by samsc

but at 1080p resolution photojpeg is 2 1/2 times faster than pixlet.
    It takes 20milliseconds to decode one photojpeg 50% frame at 1080p res - 50ms for Pixlet 50%.
    And at 720p resolution is takes 10ms for a photojpeg frame at 50%, and 20ms for a pixlet frame.
    Looks like I need to rerender and/or recapture and re-edit all my 720p content. Pixlet looks grainy to me so it will probably remain grainy even if I run it though cleaner. damn!

That bytes.
    CC

Quote Originally Posted by litemover
    Looks like I need to rerender and/or recapture and re-edit all my 720p content. Pixlet looks grainy to me so it will probably remain grainy even if I run it though cleaner. damn!

That bytes.
    CC
    Im going to try and do some testing in 5% increments from photo-jpeg 50% to 100% to see how the decode time changes.

You will have to do your own testing to determine the subjective factors.
    Whether something looks more or less 'grainy' - is a subjective problem.

You will have to determine the point at which something is or is not acceptable for the usage you intend.

My testing of conversion tools seems to indicate that Compressor is a more reliable to way convert between codecs than Cleaner.
    Cleaner seems to fuck with things more.
    I saw no colour differences between any of the images when i rendered with 68 codec types using Compressor.

Quote Originally Posted by litemover

That bytes.
    CC
    The thing is christian --- you might not see any visible difference if you stretch 720x480 up to 720p.

You should test this too.

There are quite a few mirages hidden away in all this stuff.
    And the closer you look the more problematic it looks.
    Same with all types of film-making.