Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Mac Pro with Triple Graphic Out

Quote Originally Posted by samsc View Post
    using triple heads and dual heads it been possible to do 4-6 outputs since 2005-

so this wont change anything-

i believe the card seems to have 2x pain in the a** mini display ports - for double un-joy.

how this works with triple heads remains unknown- as does pricing and availability.

I dont think he was referring to the use of triple heads and dual heads... i think he was asking if there would be a software change in catalyst to support a 3rd actual output... so a screen 3 output in addition to the existing one and two if that makes sense. This would enable a control screen and 2 more full screen outputs WITHOUT the use of a DHTG or THTG...

using triple heads and dual heads it been possible to do 4-6 outputs since 2005-

i believe the card seems to have 2x pain in the a** mini display ports - for double un-joy.

how this works with triple heads remains unknown- as does pricing and availability.
    Richard, is there any way to get 2x 1920 by 1080 or 3x 1280 by 720 outputs from a TH2G? Currently, I only few output resolutions option on Catalyst but the ratio is not what I want.

It is possible to get 1080p out of a DH2G if its the only interface connected to the graphics card DVI-D port...
    (Ive done 3x 1080p outputs using this method: 2x from DH2G and 1x from graphics card direct)
    Not tried programming a TH2G in to 'dual head' mode for this resolution... it might work if the matrox software supports it.

3 x 1280x720 is also possible - but you have to use the Matrox tool to program the TH2G as its not a 'default' resolution. - again - connect to DVI-D port.
    Depending upon the graphics card and MacPro version - you may be able to run more than one TH2G at 1280x720 (I do with 2008 MP & 8800GT)

see post:
    http://chaldee1.gotadsl.co.uk/~richa...ghlight=matrox

Simon
    Simon Pugsley

SNP Productions Ltd. (UK)
    Lighting & Video Control Solutions
    Catalyst|Sales|Hire|Training|Support
    Catalyst Dealer UK Europe & Worldwide...

Office: +44 (0)1908 410129
    Mobile: +44 (0)7958 390034
    simon@snp-productions.co.uk
    www.snp-productions.co.uk

What Simon said. Remember though... the 3x 1280x720 resolution does not show up as an option in catalyst for mix size... you will have to size and move the mixes manually.

So that's the trick. Great!!!

i know about the TH2G solution...
    just thought about 3 x TH2G ;-)

and yes... it has 2 mini-display-ports...
    never used a TH2G on it...
    anyone has tried this before?
    not on this card, on any actual available cards like GT120

Quote Originally Posted by ajmaudio View Post
    I dont think he was referring to the use of triple heads and dual heads... i think he was asking if there would be a software change in catalyst to support a 3rd actual output... so a screen 3 output in addition to the existing one and two if that makes sense. This would enable a control screen and 2 more full screen outputs WITHOUT the use of a DHTG or THTG...
    exact!!!
    that was my idea

or even use 3 x TH2G when no control monitor is needed

Quote Originally Posted by mlorenz View Post
    i know about the TH2G solution...
    just thought about 3 x TH2G ;-)

and yes... it has 2 mini-display-ports...
    never used a TH2G on it...
    anyone has tried this before?
    not on this card, on any actual available cards like GT120
    Just bought a server-panel from Pro System Groups (German Distributor for Catalyst, hi Mike ;-) ), with that panel you can use the mini-display-port in combination with the TH2G.

They are also making a new version with 1 x DVI and 2 mini-display-ports for the new MacPros

I designed it with at 4 outputs but I have to wait and see what happens when macs appear

It may or may not be easy to make it work

I designed it with at 4 outputs but I have to wait and see what happens when macs appear

It may or may not be easy to make it work
    Great
    Looking forward for hopefully good news (pressing both thumbs)