Thread: New Mac Pro with Triple Graphic Out

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by mlorenz View Post
    Hey there,

will there be an upgrade to V4 so that with the new ATI 5770/5870 Graphic-Cards which will be installed in the new Mac Pros (available August 2010) it might be possible to output to 3 devices or will it still stay with 2?

Cheers

Marc
    using triple heads and dual heads it been possible to do 4-6 outputs since 2005-

so this wont change anything-

i believe the card seems to have 2x pain in the a** mini display ports - for double un-joy.

how this works with triple heads remains unknown- as does pricing and availability.

Quote Originally Posted by samsc View Post
    using triple heads and dual heads it been possible to do 4-6 outputs since 2005-

i believe the card seems to have 2x pain in the a** mini display ports - for double un-joy.

how this works with triple heads remains unknown- as does pricing and availability.

I dont think he was referring to the use of triple heads and dual heads... i think he was asking if there would be a software change in catalyst to support a 3rd actual output... so a screen 3 output in addition to the existing one and two if that makes sense. This would enable a control screen and 2 more full screen outputs WITHOUT the use of a DHTG or THTG...

Quote Originally Posted by ajmaudio View Post
    I dont think he was referring to the use of triple heads and dual heads... i think he was asking if there would be a software change in catalyst to support a 3rd actual output... so a screen 3 output in addition to the existing one and two if that makes sense. This would enable a control screen and 2 more full screen outputs WITHOUT the use of a DHTG or THTG...
    exact!!!
    that was my idea

or even use 3 x TH2G when no control monitor is needed

exact!!!
    that was my idea

or even use 3 x TH2G when no control monitor is needed
    If you want to do 9 Outputs from Catalyst then try one of these:

http://www.iiview.com/index.php/vide...ll-controllers

I got two of these for a nightclub install, attached them to both outputs of Catalyst that had 3 LFG4 card.

It was a switcher/router/media server I setup with 12 inputs 12 A-B playbacks, and 18 outputs. Of course the everything was 640x480.
    SourceChild
    TODD SCRUTCHFIELD

...if it ain't broke...
    gimme 5 and then don't act surprised

Richard, is there any way to get 2x 1920 by 1080 or 3x 1280 by 720 outputs from a TH2G? Currently, I only few output resolutions option on Catalyst but the ratio is not what I want.

i know about the TH2G solution...
    just thought about 3 x TH2G ;-)

and yes... it has 2 mini-display-ports...
    never used a TH2G on it...
    anyone has tried this before?
    not on this card, on any actual available cards like GT120

Just bought a server-panel from Pro System Groups (German Distributor for Catalyst, hi Mike ;-) ), with that panel you can use the mini-display-port in combination with the TH2G.

They are also making a new version with 1 x DVI and 2 mini-display-ports for the new MacPros

My TH2G did not work on a mini-display port but I wonder if it will if I got myself a Mini Display Port to Dual Link DVI Adpater for Apple?Has anyone done it yet?

Quote Originally Posted by foxrider View Post
    My TH2G did not work on a mini-display port but I wonder if it will if I got myself a Mini Display Port to Dual Link DVI Adpater for Apple?Has anyone done it yet?
    YES.
    I use the DUAL Link MDP-DVI on my Mac Mini Cats and My 2009 4870 Macs. It's a major pain in the A$$
    SourceChild
    TODD SCRUTCHFIELD

...if it ain't broke...
    gimme 5 and then don't act surprised