This is a very sticky subject. Yes. All software based video capture IE media servers will suffer some sort of artifacts from time to time.

I have used video input alot. However, I don't always care for it.

When I've dealt with video companies that are used to the standard way of doing IMAG they always fuss about the fact that it looks choppy and there's a delay. In most cases for RAW IMAG I agree and opt for a Spyder or Encore for the screens or LED which are specifically getting the IMAG.

However, Catalyst is absolutely amazing with the color and visual effects it can perform. It's also amazing to have floating windows of images moving dynamically. Granted this can be done on a nice multi-ME switcher that has several keys and dve but Catalyst is much more artistic and much faster.

I think as a creative tool the video capture into Catalyst is amazing and I will even exploit the frame offsets as a manner to make the IMAG look like it has more Cinematic.

The bottom line though is that any media server which is using software to process IMAG captured a video will see some (even if subtle) artifacts.

There's a reason image processors are still so freaking expensive.