So I have been using my Catalyst for over 3 years now with no problems at all. I recently bought some Acclaim Pixel Tubes. After looking at the forums and reading about PixelMAD, i decided to just map out these tubes in Catalyst and use it to run them. Nothing major. Each tube is 30 pixels and I have 24 tubes. I got with the tubes an artnet to DMX box from Acclaim also.

So put it all together and tested everything in the shop. At first I noticed that if I stopped a video or faded it to black the tubes would freeze. I figured that this was because at 0 there was no information being sent over Artnet and the tubes did not know what to do. I downloaded the newest version of Catalyst and found an option to have a continuous artnet stream. So I turned that on, and it seemed to fix the problem.

Once I got everything all setup at the show another problem came about. I would play a video file, and then at random times, never the same, and totally out of the blue, the video would freeze. I thought maybe the Catalyst was having a problem, but then I went back to it, and the video on the monitor was still going. It is as if the Catalyst stopped outputting DMX. I don't know what to do about this, but if I switched to a different video, it would start up again. Using a Hog III console.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for the help.