Thread: cuelist and several servers

cuelist and several servers

Hi everybody,
    I'll be setting up a show later this year involving several servers. I need six HD(1080p) outputs. I'll be using three servers all running the latest catalyst version. They will all be linked together thru a network created just for them. I'll also use the showcontrol part of catalyst for firing the videos on all the servers, but they don't run all simultaneously. So I'll program some cuelists on one of the servers. How do I program the other servers on this cuelist? Let's say that I'm programing the timeline on server one, but I need to fire a video on server 2. What is the best way to do this?

Thanks, Gilles

The easy option is to use a DMX console.

Alternatively:
    It is possible to trigger presets stored on each server from any other server. (or one 'master' server)
    1) Enable Broadcast to remote preview ON
    2) Enable SEND Remote Preset Commands on the 'Master' Server
    3) Enable ACCEPT Remote Preset Commands on the other 'Slave' Servers

Any presets that you trigger on the "master' serer will also run on the other servers.

The presets dont have to be identical on all servers - so you could run a specific preset on one server, if that preset was 'blank' on the others

You can programme your cuelists on the 'Master' server and include relevant presets as required to trigger on the other 'slave' servers.

However - you still have to programme the presets on each server if not identical. - this is where a DMX desk could be usefull initially.
    (if identical - just copy the preset.txt file to each server)

There are a couple of other ways of doing this - depending upon your requirements - but this is probably the simplist, without having different cuelists running on different servers - or using remote preview.

Hope this helps

Simon
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Simon Pugsley

SNP Productions Ltd. (UK)
    Lighting & Video Control Solutions
    Catalyst|Sales|Hire|Training|Support
    Catalyst Dealer UK Europe & Worldwide...

Office: +44 (0)1908 410129
    Mobile: +44 (0)7958 390034
    simon@snp-productions.co.uk
    www.snp-productions.co.uk