Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Citp

Citp

I know this has been asked about before - Any hope of this in the future?

CITP or Video capture from catalyst for wysiwyg

Hi, I guess like others in this forum I'm looking to import video stream from catalyst to a Visualiser, in this case catalyst. Catalyst in v 25 has implemented
    split screens similar to mixes in Catalyst, where you can dial in a part of a video file or CITP screen or video capture stream to a particular part of a led video wall or a video screen allowing previs of video with light.
    Wysiwyg has capapbility for CITP/MSEX/StFr Stream Frame video content from media server video subscriptions. Is there any plans to implement Citp / Msex or am i better going down the Video capture route
    Thanks
    Mick
    Attached Images Attached Images

This would be a great feature. Since we uses Wysiwyg, and ESP will get it in soon as wel. It will help us to show the costumers what they can suspect of the video set, together with the lightset. I know that Lightconvers uses Hmap2, so maybe it's possible to get this in as well.

EJ Berendsen

I have created several workflows for passing multiple Catalysts mixes into visualizers. Some are simple and other are complex.

I have templates for 3D studio Max, Vectorworks, Cinema 4D, and Maya. For Vectorworks and Max, my templates are both independent and integrated with ESP Vision. For C4D, Maya, and ESP my templates are Mac based.

I also have templates to use a Spyder as a preproduction device for output integration and a stacked Catalyst. In virtual mode my configurations are for up to 16 Cat mixes. In hardware mode using Spyder and a stacked Cat, I can do 12 mixes.

Many of my workflows are commercially available and I provide training. In addition, I also seek out others to help me develop standards in this framework.

Please contact me off list if you are interested in more information. Note that I have limited availability until May 12th.
    SourceChild
    TODD SCRUTCHFIELD

...if it ain't broke...
    gimme 5 and then don't act surprised

Hi all.

I was wondering if there is any progress on CITP/MSEX for catalyst? not for visualizer support but for console communication.

My work is going too be buying a new console shortly which has its own media server section (its not chamsys btw) and it would be great if i could use that instead of having it has a fixture.

Thanks.

Hamish

CITP built in to Catalyst would be extremely useful addition...

I use Chamsys desks, which are excellent when used with Catalyst - and it would certainly be of great benefit to the operation and usability if (when) implemented.

There are some processing overhead concerns - but if it was a user configurable option (ie on/off) There are a great number of users who want to see this feature for all sorts of applications.

Look forward to seeing CITP implemented soon!...

Simon
    Simon Pugsley

SNP Productions Ltd. (UK)
    Lighting & Video Control Solutions
    Catalyst|Sales|Hire|Training|Support
    Catalyst Dealer UK Europe & Worldwide...

Office: +44 (0)1908 410129
    Mobile: +44 (0)7958 390034
    simon@snp-productions.co.uk
    www.snp-productions.co.uk

Yeah, i agree with Simon. I recently programmed a shopw with a lot of video using an output from catalyst into Wysiwyg, i had to use a capture card and the whole process was a bit of a pain in the ass, CITP would be very useful if implemented and this again is something that would be turned on for previsualisation / selling to the client and could be turned off during the real "gig" , Other lesser media servers are quickly catching up with processing power, multiple outputs and some features exceeding catalyst like pixel blend ( when slowing down clips) Catalyst is somewhat elitist as a media server as there are few that know how it works and how to get the most out of all the features. I've spent quite a while getting my head around everything it does and getting the best of these features. I've crawled forums to get a better picture for best setup / ways of achieving certain things. I've invested a lot of money in a decent server / ssd / flight case etc. I've pushed catalyst over other media servers , i've trained people to get them interested, get them hiring the equipment and still there is a huge lack of documentation
    / knowledge base available to the newcomer to learn. So when something like CITP comes along i dont think a refusal to implement it is fair, i think its a given if Catalyst is to stay ahead...........

Quote Originally Posted by Mick Murray View Post
    Other lesser media servers are quickly catching up with processing power, multiple outputs and some features exceeding catalyst like pixel blend ( when slowing down clips)
    There is some progress here... ask Richard for a 'custom / beta' version... a number of people have been testing it.

Catalyst is somewhat elitist as a media server as there are few that know how it works and how to get the most out of all the features. I've spent quite a while getting my head around everything it does and getting the best of these features. I've crawled forums to get a better picture for best setup / ways of achieving certain things.

I've invested a lot of money in a decent server / ssd / flight case etc. I've pushed catalyst over other media servers , i've trained people to get them interested, get them hiring the equipment and still there is a huge lack of documentation / knowledge base available to the newcomer to learn.
    Documentation is a BIG issue....
    It takes ages to write it - then its quickly out of date...
    HOWEVER - it has to be done.
    Even if someone is 'employed' to write it....

So when something like CITP comes along i dont think a refusal to implement it is fair, i think its a given if Catalyst is to stay ahead...........
    New features take time to implement and test thoroughly -

The release version (m257) of Catalyst is a stable and reliable piece of software.

Stability and reliability takes time....
    Simon Pugsley

SNP Productions Ltd. (UK)
    Lighting & Video Control Solutions
    Catalyst|Sales|Hire|Training|Support
    Catalyst Dealer UK Europe & Worldwide...

Office: +44 (0)1908 410129
    Mobile: +44 (0)7958 390034
    simon@snp-productions.co.uk
    www.snp-productions.co.uk

Citp

Citp would be highly appreciated.
    Gilles

10. You mention lack of Knowledge base - is this forum not an excellent example of just that? Real questions from users and in the most, very helpful answers from a growing number of users.

Ok - so a current manual is not available, BUT show me another media server product with such a good accessible user forum.

Nev.
    Nev Bull
    Pixels Plus Limited
    Digital Video Services

Catalyst Software - Upgrades - Server Hardware - Accessories - Training - Support

t: +44 (0)1494 858151
    e: nev@pixelsplus.co.uk
    w: www.pixelsplus.co.uk