Quote Originally Posted by Mick Murray View Post
Other lesser media servers are quickly catching up with processing power, multiple outputs and some features exceeding catalyst like pixel blend ( when slowing down clips)
There is some progress here... ask Richard for a 'custom / beta' version... a number of people have been testing it.

Catalyst is somewhat elitist as a media server as there are few that know how it works and how to get the most out of all the features. I've spent quite a while getting my head around everything it does and getting the best of these features. I've crawled forums to get a better picture for best setup / ways of achieving certain things.

I've invested a lot of money in a decent server / ssd / flight case etc. I've pushed catalyst over other media servers , i've trained people to get them interested, get them hiring the equipment and still there is a huge lack of documentation / knowledge base available to the newcomer to learn.
Documentation is a BIG issue....
It takes ages to write it - then its quickly out of date...
HOWEVER - it has to be done.
Even if someone is 'employed' to write it....

So when something like CITP comes along i dont think a refusal to implement it is fair, i think its a given if Catalyst is to stay ahead...........
New features take time to implement and test thoroughly -

The release version (m257) of Catalyst is a stable and reliable piece of software.

Stability and reliability takes time....