Yeah, i agree with Simon. I recently programmed a shopw with a lot of video using an output from catalyst into Wysiwyg, i had to use a capture card and the whole process was a bit of a pain in the ass, CITP would be very useful if implemented and this again is something that would be turned on for previsualisation / selling to the client and could be turned off during the real "gig" , Other lesser media servers are quickly catching up with processing power, multiple outputs and some features exceeding catalyst like pixel blend ( when slowing down clips) Catalyst is somewhat elitist as a media server as there are few that know how it works and how to get the most out of all the features. I've spent quite a while getting my head around everything it does and getting the best of these features. I've crawled forums to get a better picture for best setup / ways of achieving certain things. I've invested a lot of money in a decent server / ssd / flight case etc. I've pushed catalyst over other media servers , i've trained people to get them interested, get them hiring the equipment and still there is a huge lack of documentation
/ knowledge base available to the newcomer to learn. So when something like CITP comes along i dont think a refusal to implement it is fair, i think its a given if Catalyst is to stay ahead...........