Thread: sound and outputs

sound and outputs

Hi to all, new to this forum. first of all sorry for my english if it is not very clear.

I´ve been searching through the forum before writting this post but i´m sorry i didn´t have very clear the answers.

first question : can i have sound input to change videos at the rythm of the music? reading the bpm or similar like in arkaos for example. i haven´t found anything in the manual.

second : about the outputs. can i use two dual head from matrox to have 4 outputs? (4 proyectors). with this i understand that i´m loosing the preview option (the hud). because i have read that for the moment at least is not possible to use a mac with 2 or more video cards. i am right? is this going to change soon?

lot of thanks for your patience

Quote Originally Posted by dll-error View Post
    Hi to all, new to this forum. first of all sorry for my english if it is not very clear.

I´ve been searching through the forum before writting this post but i´m sorry i didn´t have very clear the answers.

first question : can i have sound input to change videos at the rythm of the music? reading the bpm or similar like in arkaos for example. i haven´t found anything in the manual.

second : about the outputs. can i use two dual head from matrox to have 4 outputs? (4 proyectors). with this i understand that i´m loosing the preview option (the hud). because i have read that for the moment at least is not possible to use a mac with 2 or more video cards. i am right? is this going to change soon?

lot of thanks for your patience
    there isnt anything for doing bpm or such things

---

2 or more video cards dont work well because of computer architecture.
    cards cannot talk to each other directly. so its very slow

Instead of using 2 DH2G, use 1 TH2G. This is the better way to output 4 monitors. It is also the way that allows you to use the preview on the single output. The best practice is to use the TH2G on the second output.
    SourceChild
    TODD SCRUTCHFIELD

...if it ain't broke...
    gimme 5 and then don't act surprised

Quote Originally Posted by SourceChild View Post
    Instead of using 2 DH2G, use 1 TH2G. This is the better way to output 4 monitors. It is also the way that allows you to use the preview on the single output. The best practice is to use the TH2G on the second output.
    not from me - its always a compromise - there is no best practise -its way too complex to be prescriptive like this - depends on end users requirements - what they have - what they can afford - what they will put up with ...

there can be issues with running monitors at different refresh rates and at different screen sizes - but issues depend on context - see above

i basically give people a lot of freedom in how they can set things up - i dont restrict them -

this does not mean all possible configurations will actually give useful performance - its up to end users to test their systems