Quote Originally Posted by SourceChild View Post
The biggest issue is having consistent color. Using a scope to test the HD-SDI out from a converted mac shows tons of illegal colors. Also, matching the color is a pain. Sync is an issue as well as frame delay. Since a mac is 60Hz, the multiple is 30fps which is not 59.94 or 29.97 so every 10 seconds is a subtle frame skip. It works but if your director takes Cat as a direct broadcast feed, then the producers won't be happy.

I'll probably get and test the first HD-SDI solution that does 59.94 with broadcast color as an output option.

Still though, for all the companies using HD-SDI as their primary pipeline to the projection sources, a video card that works would be great.

A card that fits in an xServe is great compared to trying to shoehorn a card that doesn't and having apple reject support because of it.
I havent heard back from the sales engineer I tried to contact regarding those cards... you know anything about them? Or any other solution for that matter. That sync issue you speak of is killing me as well. A broadcast friendly output from catalyst needs to happen.