Thread: Need a Little Help

Hybrid View

I think what Im looking for is some help with the addressing side of things.

If Im running universes 5-8 via my Node 6 would I even need a NSP? All that will be on them will be the Stage Bars that I have in PixelMad.

And could someone explain the Artnet addressing a little for me? Im still a little confused by it. If I wanted to assign universe 5 (E) would it actually be Artnet 4? Meaning that 0 is actually 1? Hope the questions Im asking make sense. Please let me know if they dont and ill try to describe things differently.

Thanks for any help, Matt

some console and equipment manufacturers label the first universe 0 some label it 1

i follow the convention used on artistic licence boxes using the rotary switch selector which labels the first universe as 0.

Users seem to have been very confused by the number zero appear as an index - so some manufacturers label the first universe as 1.

zero in binary does not mean nothing - it means the number where are the bits are set to zero.

Quote Originally Posted by MattMills View Post
    I think what Im looking for is some help with the addressing side of things.

If Im running universes 5-8 via my Node 6 would I even need a NSP? All that will be on them will be the Stage Bars that I have in PixelMad.

And could someone explain the Artnet addressing a little for me? Im still a little confused by it. If I wanted to assign universe 5 (E) would it actually be Artnet 4? Meaning that 0 is actually 1? Hope the questions Im asking make sense. Please let me know if they dont and ill try to describe things differently.

Thanks for any help, Matt
    Attached Images Attached Images

3. Smile

Hello,

Have you changed the NSP modo of MAnet to Arnet? if you change the modo is clear the adreess.

Miguel