Thread: Need a Little Help

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_P View Post
    Matt
    Not sure how you are thinking about using the Desk AND PixelMad to control the StageBars? Artnet does an HTP merge if 2 controllers are patched to the same universe.
    I am adding to an existing show that already has the Stage Bar programmed. Not much though, just solid colors, so it wouldnt be a loss if I had to re do it. The Node 6 has an option per port to configure the output to be LTP Merge, I assumed this would work.

Quote Originally Posted by MattMills View Post
    I am adding to an existing show that already has the Stage Bar programmed. Not much though, just solid colors, so it wouldnt be a loss if I had to re do it. The Node 6 has an option per port to configure the output to be LTP Merge, I assumed this would work.
    Not used the ELC Node6 myself - but it sounds like that might work.
    The Luminex box has a function to be able to switch between 2 controllers via a single DMX chanel trigger - which is how I've done it in the past.

My only thought is that an LTP merge may not be ideal if the 'other' controller changes - a switch function might be more reliable...

However, If you only have static colours programmed on the MA - it might be easier just to re-program those cues using catalyst/pixelmad as the controller (very easy) and have the stage bars permanently connected to catalyst - thus avoiding any merging or switching scenarios.

Simon
    Simon Pugsley

SNP Productions Ltd. (UK)
    Lighting & Video Control Solutions
    Catalyst|Sales|Hire|Training|Support
    Catalyst Dealer UK Europe & Worldwide...

Office: +44 (0)1908 410129
    Mobile: +44 (0)7958 390034
    simon@snp-productions.co.uk
    www.snp-productions.co.uk

Thanks Simon. I am going to have to remove the existing Stagebar programming anyways, I am running them in a different channel mode this go around.

The reason I want to use them from both the Console and from the Catalyst is because I have a few effects that I have in mind that I can knock out real quick with the effects engine.

Thanks to everyone for the help, I think I have everything configured how I need it. Now I just have to get the rig in front of me and go at it. Unfortunately that doesnt happen for another 3 weeks.

it seems to indicate here elc node 6 does htp merge:

http://www.elclighting.com/web/index...d=122&Itemid=4

Features:
    Remote programming and monitoring
    DMX input options like Normal and Backup
    DMX output options like:
    - Normal
    - Merging in HTP / LTP or custom
    - Priority merging
    - Merging with softpatch
    not used or tested myself

Thanks Simon. I am going to have to remove the existing Stagebar programming anyways, I am running them in a different channel mode this go around.

The reason I want to use them from both the Console and from the Catalyst is because I have a few effects that I have in mind that I can knock out real quick with the effects engine.

Thanks to everyone for the help, I think I have everything configured how I need it. Now I just have to get the rig in front of me and go at it. Unfortunately that doesnt happen for another 3 weeks.

I'm using ELC node8 and you can do HTP merge or LTP merge in each output, same as Luminex.

you need an htp merge- to control from 2 different devices-
    you will have to check whether your box will do an HTP merge-

artnet is just a ethernet protocol its doesnt do any merging - it depends on the interface box

LTP merging wont work - as both devices are going to be sending information at the same time-