Thread: VQS-01 help

Threaded View

Hi Simon,

you're helpful as always

I arrived at a workaround similar to your suggestion: The second machine is now hooked up to a triple head and the fourth projector will be fed by its "monitor" output - this will work as the show will be controlled from the other machine so we won't need to see the Cat interface on machine B except for setup...

Interesting to hear that you've heard of VQS boxes developing faults - it did seem to worsen, and I didn't take photos but the interference started as intermittent black lines across parts of the monitors (we wondered if it was dirty mains...), then as we troubleshot it seemed to develop into more colourful bursts of noise - mostly linear, and coupled with increasing dropouts, the VQS losing signal completely for a time (the Green "Ready" LED by the power LED would flicker or go out as this happened.)

I ran out of troubleshooting time, but hope to get back to it. One suspect is the DVI cable between the Mac Pro and the VQS, and I did swap it for a new one but the Mac failed to recognise the VQS with the new cable, (it found a "VGA display" rather than a VQS-01 so I switched back.)

Are there issues with length of DVI cable - or different types? The new one was 3m and the old one about 1.5.

Stumped, tired and out of time.. but at least I found a workaround... Thanks for suggestions!

Tim
    Last edited by blamelewis; 15-01-2010 at 11:21 PM. Reason: fixing recalcitrant bracket