Thread: Converting to HD-SDI

Hybrid View

Well Phillip,

I am notorious for using Catalyst as a video switcher so saving frames is always a plus. The reason I ask about fibre solutions is because I noticed the DVEO devices have a fibre out.

I try to convert to fibre whenever I can because I prefer running fibre. I have been investigating projectors which have fibre in cards. I have also been looking at fibre routers as well.

It's more a thought than anything else.

The reason I mention web or usb solutions is in contrast to the crappy IR remotes which never work on the gefen devices. Obviously if a device has a front panel with easy control then I don't need a remote.

I mention USB because I found a Black Magic device which converts HDMI to HDSDI and it connects directly to the computer using it through USB.

I am open to entertaining all kinds of solutions. The bottom line is to find solutions which work in the field and not the kind that work in theory until you discover the bugs in application.

Thanks for your help.
    SourceChild
    TODD SCRUTCHFIELD

...if it ain't broke...
    gimme 5 and then don't act surprised

really don't wana hijack this thread at all but I have raised this question elsewhere and with Richard without response. You mention using the catalyst as a switcher.. I have been doin the same as of late with the AS cards and am still having some frame loss issues similar to those with black magic. its a late model macpro etc. Perhaps sourcechild would entertain speaking about his experience via pm so as not to hijack? Would really like to know if this should be happening. I am also interested in this thread topic.. looking forward to seeing where it goes.. thanks