Thread: Martin StageBar in PixelMad

Martin StageBar in PixelMad

Hello everyone, I am wanting to use my Catalyst to control 24 Martin StageBars using PixelMad. I will be using the StageBars in full RGBAW mode. Can anyone help me out with a profile? I dont see one in my list of fixtures and I do not know how to make one. I have not used the PixelMad feature on my Catalyst yet but would like to learn more about it, a lot more. Thanks for any help, Matt

Hey Matt!
    Its bill rod, how is everything going? I hope well! I have found this info and it may be helpful for creating the stagebar....

http://chaldee1.gotadsl.co.uk/~richardb/upload/showthread.php?t=1378&highlight=pixelmad+fixture

Good luck on the new years show, that sounds like it will be a blast! I would love to meet up again and talk some when your in NYC again, let me know if you have any time...
    Best,
    Bill Rod.

We found last week they work better in RGB mode, however the 18-channel mode appears to have a software bug so we ended up with 30 channel mode ignoring the AW channels in the patch.

Regards

Ross

I'm going to have to diagree with you Ross.
    I much prefer RGBAW mode across the board. Especially using fixtures like the MF3.

Check out this thread for more in depth info on using RGBAW mode with pixelMAD:

http://chaldee1.gotadsl.co.uk/~richa...ead.php?t=1378

Hope this helps.
    Best Regards,
    - Marty

Quote Originally Posted by MattMills View Post
    Hello everyone, I am wanting to use my Catalyst to control 24 Martin StageBars using PixelMad. I will be using the StageBars in full RGBAW mode. Can anyone help me out with a profile? I dont see one in my list of fixtures and I do not know how to make one. I have not used the PixelMad feature on my Catalyst yet but would like to learn more about it, a lot more. Thanks for any help, Matt
    randy at mainlight ran the aw on separate mixes - so he could use them separate and together-

ask him-

Yes, using 2 or 3 mixes offers the most flexibilty.
    It takes just a little longer to set up, but once its' done it is well worth it.
    Best Regards,
    - Marty

We ran into software issues with these fixtures. Not a Catalyst problem as the problems were present with a DMXTer.

Regards,

Ross

Sounds like a firmware issue possibly.
    I've personally never had an issue with RGBAW mode.

Out of curiosity, what firmware are the fixtures running? What issues are you having?
    Best Regards,
    - Marty