Thread: Workshops on disk arrays and video input

Threaded View

G5 Jam's killer

Hi Richard,

Checkout Promaxx' SataMAXISystem instead, fits 5 drives instead of 4 for $399 kit includes a card as well.

The SDI input from the Decklink standard card i tested on a 20'x18' screen and worked perfectly, the sound played back from the truck's digibeta in perfect sync with the layer's output in CAT 3.2 F15 4 layer version.

So far my findings with a 4 drive raptor arrray is that it ranges from 200 to 118 mbs depending on how full the array is, this is the speed test that comes with the decklink card so I'm not so sure how accurate it is. It does say I can un 1 layer of 1080I full speed and 2 layers of 720p full speed. Going to add 2 more raptors and make a 6 drive array.

Pixled for HD works well, endcodes slow, 86 quality plays back good, looks a tad fuzzy. Will try photoJPEG HD. DVCpro50 at 1280x720 works really well too, I've noticed at full quality, plays back full speed. 3:3:2 quality. The Blackmagic Codecs work but sometime slant and do funny things, they encode very quick though.

Will report more as I find out.

Christian Choi
    Attached Files Attached Files