I guess if you have the budget for the RAID array, then go uncompressed, if it's giving you the performance and quality you are after.

However DV PAL/NTSC is still the best codec to use for Catalyst, performance, and always has been. At least in Europe, DV PAL's 4:2:0 colour sampling gives better perceived colour than NTSC's 4:1:1 - hence I get less grief about this, and Tyler, I would keep your files in DV NTSC.

The content that High End has supplied in the past has been a mixture of DV and DVC Pro in NTSC format, + photojpeg stuff at medium quality.
The original v.1 media servers made in London had Photo-Jpeg content in Best quality, which was the format that it was delivered to me in (and in PAL hehehehe).

Photo-Jpeg has a number of drawbacks - the most significant is that it takes considerably more grunt to decompress it, hence this discussion. However, it has one significant advantage, other than being a great off-line format, which is that it supports resolutions other than standard definition. If you have a series of images that you want to use in your show, you may find that it's better to render these as a 'slide show' movie, and you'll get better performance.