Thread: help phoenix dual input+mac pro 2.66 ghz

help phoenix dual input+mac pro 2.66 ghz

hi to all.
    I have a big problem with phoenix sdi card, i have just installed with succes 3 cards in 3 mac pro 3 ghz quad core on tiger 10.4.11 (year 2008). Now I have take 2 news cards from (ianiro Roberto Novelli )and I have to use theme on a mac pro 2.66 dual core (years 2007 i think ); the catalyst recognizes the video card but there is no signal capture. Can you help me? I can't download the driver from active silicon and I need last release of driver for phoenix card if it exist,

You can contact Shaun Saber at Active Silicon and ask for the "Catalyst driver" He can send you a link. I suggest you update your 2007 Macs to Leopard 10.5.8.

Remove the Cards. Re-Install OS X. Use the PCI utility on OS X to adjust the PCI slots to work correctly with the cards. You are probably using the single lane cards and so you can set the PCI slots to be single lane. Also be aware that the bus speed on the 2007 Macs is 1.6 but the bus speed on the 2008 and 2009 Macs are 2.0.

Shutdown and install the Phoenix Cards. Restart and Install the drivers from Shaun. Reboot and then install Catalyst.

In Catalyst preferences turn on the correct number of video inputs. Also note that you do not need to use the LFG digitizers if you are using the Phoenix Cards.
    SourceChild
    TODD SCRUTCHFIELD

...if it ain't broke...
    gimme 5 and then don't act surprised

If you have Phoenix PE1 boards - they may not work correctly in the lowest PCI-e slot in new 2009 MacPros. Currently you can only install 2x PE1 boards successfully in the upper 2 PCI-e slots in a 2009 MacPro.

2007 Mac Pros are not the best unit to use - However, it depends upon the particular 'Hardware revision'. You should only expect to be able to capture SD-SDI (up to 6 inputs on 3 cards). There isn't enough bandwidth on the PCI-e bus to capture multiple HD-SDI on a 2007 MacPro.

2008 Mac Pros seem to be the best unit to use with PE1 boards. HD-SDI is possible depending upon the Mac hardware revision.

You should also check the Phoenix PE1 firmware version - it is recommended to update to the latest PE1 firmware and driver and use 10.5.8 Leopard

A better option is the 4-lane Phoenix PE4 board. There are a number of users testing this card and results are promising so far.

I've tested the following setups with no problems:
    Tested: 2x SD-SDI, or 2x HD-SDI, & composite
    2.26G 2009 MacPro OS 10.5.8, installed with 1xLFG4 and 1xPhoenix PE4 with latest Driver and FW.

Tested: 2x SD-SDI or 1x HD-SDI & 1xSD-SDI & composite
    3.0G 2008 MacPro OS 10.5.8, installed with 1xLFG4 and 1xPhoenix PE1 with latest Driver and FW.

Tested: 6x SD-SDI only (no HD-SDI)
    3.0G 2007 MacPro OS 10.4.11, installed 3xPhoenix PE1 with latest Driver and FW.

I will be testing 3xPhoenix PE4 next week - will let you know the results.

Latest Drivers and firmware can be found on the SUPPORT page at www.snp-productions.co.uk

Latest Phoenix PE1 driver: as-phx-drv-mac-v05_43_00
    http://homepage.mac.com/simonpugsley...-v05_43_00.dmg

Phoenix PE1 firmware upgrade: (NOT PE4)
    http://files.me.com/simonpugsley/965oog
    Contact me for passowrd.

If you want the PREVIOUS version: as-phx-drv-mac-v05_20_00:
    http://homepage.mac.com/simonpugsley...-v05_20_00.dmg
    However, I would recommend upgrading the firmware and using the new driver.

Do call or email Active Silicon for support

Simon
    Last edited by Mr_P; 03-09-2009 at 01:21 PM.
    Simon Pugsley

SNP Productions Ltd. (UK)
    Lighting & Video Control Solutions
    Catalyst|Sales|Hire|Training|Support
    Catalyst Dealer UK Europe & Worldwide...

Office: +44 (0)1908 410129
    Mobile: +44 (0)7958 390034
    simon@snp-productions.co.uk
    www.snp-productions.co.uk

hi to all
    with new dmg for phoenix the capture is OK i have make test with 2 card on two machine tiger 4.10.11
    Mac pro 2.66 dualcore 6 gb mem.ati XT 1900,OCZ ssd vertex 120gb tiger+raid 600gb for catalyst content.Signal capture sdi from 2 image pro it is good!!!!!
    thanks to all for help

Quote Originally Posted by fabiopagano View Post
    ...OCZ ssd vertex 120gb tiger+raid 600gb for catalyst content
    You are backward! Put your software on a regular hard drive and use the SSD for content.
    SourceChild
    TODD SCRUTCHFIELD

...if it ain't broke...
    gimme 5 and then don't act surprised

Quote Originally Posted by fabiopagano View Post
    hi to all
    with new dmg for phoenix the capture is OK i have make test with 2 card on two machine tiger 4.10.11
    Mac pro 2.66 dualcore 6 gb mem.ati XT 1900,OCZ ssd vertex 120gb tiger+raid 600gb for catalyst content.Signal capture sdi from 2 image pro it is good!!!!!
    thanks to all for help
    Hi Fabio,

I suppose the signal capture was SD-SDI?

Thanks,

Peter