Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Epiphan DVI frame grabber

Quote Originally Posted by frankv1234 View Post
    Hi Gian,

I'm also always have to capture powerpoint. I'm now using the Decklink intensity pro and use the hdmi input. Im not happy with the quality.

How is the quality of the Epiphan and wich fps rate can you get @ 1024 * 786 aprox ??

Hope to hear from you soon.

BTW anyone tried their vga2ethernet solution ?? does it work with catalyst ?? it would be much easier if we have a keynote speaker with a laptop on stage to just cable it with cat5 instead of using vga cables
    you need to determine yourself - whether its usable for your requirements.

i havent tried vga2ethernet - its tricky to make this stuff work.

Hello,...

The quality of the Epiphan is definitly much better than any HSMI or HDSDI capture, I really tried all. In all kind of resolutions.

And Epiphan gives the best quality so far. Still not the same of a direct conection, but gets closer, and you can read the texts.

YES the frame rate is the question. @ 1024 x 768, I can get arround 20 to 22 fps in Catalyst, sometimes less, if the PPT has to many movement, lieke a movie.
    @ 800 x 600, you get the full 30 fps.
    Still not perfect, but is the best I saw so far.
    That is the 999,00 box DVI2USB ( and captures VGA also on the same unit )

BUT we still looking for a more perfect frame grabber.
    Gian
    Ibeam SP
    SP, Brasil

I have decklink cards, Phoenix (and LFG4) cards, and Epiphan DVI boxes in my servers. Honestly, I hate them all because I've been spoiled using Spyder or Encore to mix in IMAG or PPT.

When however, I am stuck using only Catalyst to capture a presentation, I still take the presentation file and convert it into a quicktime movie. It just looks better.

By using a little preset template I've built, I can even step forward, backward, and stop using play fwd, play rev, inframe, and outframe.

Granted if you have a user who wants slide control you become limited. There's also the fact that you aren't necessarily providing notes back to the presenter. However, if you setup a remote monitor from the presenter's presentation at your control then you can visual echo from the results you see on the preview monitor.

The bottom line is that feeding DVI, converting DVI to HDSDI, and up down up converting the input just diminishes the quality.
    SourceChild
    TODD SCRUTCHFIELD

...if it ain't broke...
    gimme 5 and then don't act surprised