Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Catalyst Libraries

Catalyst Libraries

Hi guys, im having trouble getting access to my library files, i choose the folders i want and then i click scan files and i only get one library which is 000 Images, can somebody please direct me in the right direction
    cheers Justin

2. Hi Justin

You must make sure your folders/files are numbered correctly and that you point Catalyst to the right place in the Library window. You must select just the folder containing the numbered folders as shown below

Root Folder <- This is the folder you select.
    001 Folder 1
    001 File 1
    002 File 2
    003 File 3
    002 Folder 2
    001 File 1
    002 File 2
    003 File 3
    003 Folder 3
    001 File 1 etc etc etc

In the example above, when you click on the Folders tab in the Library window, then on the blue '1' button, choose the Root Folder, then scan files. This should then see all of the numbered folders and files within the Root Folder. These will obviously have different names in your setup, just the numbering is important.

Let me know if this fixes your problem.

regards

Nev.
    Nev Bull
    Pixels Plus Limited
    Digital Video Services

Catalyst Software - Upgrades - Server Hardware - Accessories - Training - Support

t: +44 (0)1494 858151
    e: nev@pixelsplus.co.uk
    w: www.pixelsplus.co.uk

hi Nev thanks for the reply, i made sure all the files were named correctly and that i chose the folders in order and scanned them in individually but i am still not having any luck with it, originally it worked fine i programmed it for a show and i started it the next day and i couldnt access any libraries, is it possible it is a software issue and not catalyst itself, if so should i wipe the mac and re-install the software?
    Justin

4. Hi Justin

can you PM me your email address so we can sort this out?

regards

Nev.
    Nev Bull
    Pixels Plus Limited
    Digital Video Services

Catalyst Software - Upgrades - Server Hardware - Accessories - Training - Support

t: +44 (0)1494 858151
    e: nev@pixelsplus.co.uk
    w: www.pixelsplus.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Justin12 View Post
    hi Nev thanks for the reply, i made sure all the files were named correctly and that i chose the folders in order and scanned them in individually but i am still not having any luck with it, originally it worked fine i programmed it for a show and i started it the next day and i couldnt access any libraries, is it possible it is a software issue and not catalyst itself, if so should i wipe the mac and re-install the software?
    Justin
    did you hard disc stop working?

Quote Originally Posted by Justin12 View Post
    Justin
    the inbuilt manual - shows you what to do-

access manual from help menu in catalyst-
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have the same trouble, Catalyst create files in an other folder, in other location with number like 000_000 000_001 etc but I can only have my file If I copy them in directory created by catalyst (Documents/Catalyst Documents/Images).

Ant idea?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stephlight View Post
    I have the same trouble, Catalyst create files in an other folder, in other location with number like 000_000 000_001 etc but I can only have my file If I copy them in directory created by catalyst (Documents/Catalyst Documents/Images).

Ant idea?
    Thanks

show an image of directory structure

thanks

It works know, I'm not shure why it works but it works. I just add " movie" after 001.

Know I have a trouble with the Mac book pro, it seems that 2011 version really don't likr the Catalyst. The output freeze all 10 seconds! But the catalyst steel running and I really using nothing from Hard drive or Processor, both are less than 20% used.

Quote Originally Posted by stephlight View Post
    It works know, I'm not shure why it works but it works. I just add " movie" after 001.

Know I have a trouble with the Mac book pro, it seems that 2011 version really don't likr the Catalyst. The output freeze all 10 seconds! But the catalyst steel running and I really using nothing from Hard drive or Processor, both are less than 20% used.
    you do need some letters other than '000' - as file name

-

no idea about latest mac books - they changed architecture again - and its different in every model - some with intel integrated - some with both -