Quote Originally Posted by Mr_P View Post
You should be able to use a DH2G on the 2nd Dual-Link DVI output and get 3840x1200 (2 x 1920x1200 outputs) or lower - and still use your primary output for another 1920x1200 output.

2009 macs only seem to support 1xDual-Link and 1xSingle-Link output natively with the current available 'supported' graphics cards. You should ensure that you use the 'Dual-link' DVI output to connect to the DH2G or TH2G, rather than the 'single link' Mini Display-port output.
Hello Simon, thank you for the answer.
On the Apple homepage they offer a Mini DisplayPort to Dual Link DVI Adapter.
So it should be easy du use a DH2G on each of the (now) two Dual Link DVI outputs.
Three for the LCDs and the last one for control an configuration monitor.
But i think the final solution will be on output one directly a LCD and on the second one (with the Apple DisplayPort adapter) a DH2G for the last two screens.
By the way i need all this twice, thats why also asked for the syn over the sync id or midi timecode. Overall i will have two mac pros and six screens, sometimes with the same content running, sometimes with different.
However another question, on the Apple homepage and as well at the ATI homepage is the maximum output resolution from the 4870 graphic card is 2560x1600.
But if i use an DH2G or TH2G on an Dual Link DVI i can call up a resolution wich is much more. Such as 3072x1024.
Now then what is actual the maximum resolution i can get out of the 4870?
You wrote run the system with 1x 2560x1024* + 1x3840x1024 (5x1280x1024). So is this the maximum right??

kind regards

Hartmut