Quote Originally Posted by samsc View Post
indeed. you arent the only one to ask
but if you 'dim' in mixes dont you come up against the other problem with LED much sooner- limited colour sampling resolution - at low intensity values?

---

the transparency is something that is a problem

maybe i just thought a way around it.
The work around I have used is using a spare mix and layer, set the mix as uppermost and drag it to full screen repeat with the same mix on all outputs and then have black in on the layer and bring it in to act like a inhibit master. The mix needs to have transparent background.
Sadly on my current shows I am using all layers for most of the show and usually maxing out to 10 odd mixes, so this is not a option.

With changing the intensity on LED screens I find bringing down the intensity to 80-90% tends to fix the flare issue on camera, but that is more due to the fact LEDs are non linea.
Colour wise you do start loosing detail, but it is a comprimise that is worth making, in many circumstances, particularly with products like FLED, Mitrix and Spyder where you need to tweak your gamma levels to avoid sparkles, you are already making this comprimise before you reduce your intensity.

Mix intensities would also be useful for shifting the point of focus from one mix to another whilst still maintaining a built up layer look.... yep transparancies a pain, particulary in multipul layer looks.

Phil

Philip G Haynes
Live Visual Design and Direction