I have a few things on my touring systems which have limited playback (locking to interlaced and exact frame rates). However, I am successfully running my backup machines on Snow Leopard.

I tried to crash things today. I caused six crashes by running FX generator on multiple servers from a lighting desk. Obviously something I would never do during a real show. Each of the crashes were on the Primary Leopard systems and never a single crash on the Snow Leopard backup machines.

Although I don't have many regular SD test files, I loaded some of the original HES stock and was able to run 13 layers without frame drop at locked 29.97fps. I haven't tested yet at 25fps and won't with this configuration.

I am back in my office on Monday and will use some of my test servers to produce better reports. I'll be testing on one each of 2007 Pro (Mtron &x1900), 2008 Pro (OCZ & 8800), and 2009 Pro (OCZ 4870). I might try a Quatro FX 5600 also to see if there's a difference. However this is trivial for most of our applications.