Thread: use catalyst as a "jukebox"

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by thomasrotten View Post
    Hi there

One of my costumers want a touch screen where he want to control between approx 15 movies. I was thinking about making a webside in fullscreen mode and there have 15 buttons wich will trick the catalyst via http commands. I´ll thinks that it will work fine.

But now he wants when the selected movie is finish that another movie starts and continues until you select a new movie. So now I´m lost. Anybody with a good trick??.. Is it something with me making cuelists ??

Hope someone can help
    this is a bit tricky if the length of the movies changes - as i dont have anything that waits until a movie stops playing-

i did this on a show last year-
    i do do this kindof thing for installs - but normally the client has such specific requirements - i write some code to do what they want.

It is working perfect...

When catalyst is starting up preset 1 is starting as well.this preset runnes the background movie on layer 1 When a user want´s to see a movie he triggers a cuelist wich a preset loads the movie on layer 2, another preset is fading the intensety up in 2 sec. the last preset is set to with the time of the of the movie length to fade the movie out again. Then you again see the baground movie on layer 1 playing. Perfect.....

The reason that i have choose to use the catalyst for this is that after approx 300 live jobs with the cat still are very happy with the stabelity of the system. The only time that i have had any trouble with the catalyst was at the time were the LD started the same HD 1080 movie up on 8 layers at the same time. That killed the CAT.
    With my best regards

Thomas Rotten

My toy...

The Fastest Catalyst system in denmark..

Mac Pro 8 core
    4 GB Ram
    4 TB S-ATA Raid
    Catalyst Express v. 4.10
    Elc dmxLAN mode 3 with 1 input and 2 pixelmad output
    All integrated in flightcase with 2 15" lcd monitors..