Quote Originally Posted by Seantava View Post
Hi Richard,
hi Todd,

i know that Catalyst is working in a different way than the quicktime player. I´m just wondering that the playback speed difference is that big. Normally i´m using the AIC Codec for all of my things, but from time to time the image quality is not good enough. In that special case i tried the animation codec because of the higher quality. Anyway i did some testing with foto jpg as well, and fotojpg 100 is working nearly fine (only one frame drop to 24 FPS, compared to the drop to 13 FPS with the Animation Codec). So, i think foto jpg 75% will work! From time to time i´m using Animation Codec with Alpha to playback Textinformation over Background Images or Movies. So, i was thinking that the animation codec is working the same way than foto JPG 100%, but as you said you have only implemented some codecs in the system. Maybe the Animation Codec could be the next one ?
Apple Intermediate Codec is for some reasons not the best choice, because the image quality is not that good (Rendererd out of Final Cuts Compressor).

Thanks for your response.

Greetings from Germany,

Holger
3000x1000 images!!!!
its not playback speed - that is different- you have a huge image size- and all that has to be processed to do something- and this takes time-

if AIC doesnt work you probably have the wrong settings- and you outputted a scaled up movie instead-

Animation codec is run length encoded compression, AIC and photojpeg are jpeg compression- they are compleletly different-

you also have to bear in mind that all codec performance is dependant on the nature of the image - and the data rate per frame-