Thread: Matrox TH2G info

Matrox TH2G info

Hi there,

Apologies if these sound like really daft questions but I'm after some fairly basic info that I can't seem to find on the forum.

I'm considering getting hold of a Triple Head 2 go (Digital) to allow me to have 4 separate outputs.

I've read about the possible resolution limits (3x 800x600 on an x1900XT) which is unlikely to cause a significant problem, but what i wondered was how the Catalyst 'Sees' the TH2G ?

Does it offer it as a 'full screen' with a resolution of 2400x600 ? Or does it use submixes to split the signal ?

Is it possible to perform individual keystone correction on each of the 3 outputs and is it possible to perform edge-blending ? (or are these questions for Matrox !?)

Once again sorry for the seemingly ignorant nature of this query, but if anyone could point me in the right direction I'd be very grateful !

Cheers

Richard

One TH2G may give you more than 3x 800x600 on an X1900XT. I've managed 3x 1024x768 (3072x768) as well as the 1st output (total 4 x 1024x768).

Using 2 x TH2G on an X1900XT I've only managed 6x 800x600 (2x 2400x600)

The TH2G is seen by the OS (and catalyst) as one big widescreen display connected to the output of the graphics card. Catalyst handles this by positioning mix windows to co-inside with each of the '1024x768' sections (assuming 3072x768)

Depending upon the mode selected for each mix window, it is indeed possible to keystone each output of the TH2G and/or edge blend.

Most people find TH2G & DH2G quite easy to configure. However - this is not always the case... ALWAYS test before you get onsite!!!!!!!

Let me know if you'd like to try out any configuration before making a purchase

Simon
    Simon Pugsley

SNP Productions Ltd. (UK)
    Lighting & Video Control Solutions
    Catalyst|Sales|Hire|Training|Support
    Catalyst Dealer UK Europe & Worldwide...

Office: +44 (0)1908 410129
    Mobile: +44 (0)7958 390034
    simon@snp-productions.co.uk
    www.snp-productions.co.uk

Thanks for that Simon, really helpful.

It seems like the TH2G may indeed deliver what we're looking for.

But, as you suggest, I'll need to get it set up and tested in good time !

Cheers

Richard

FYI, you don't have to limit yourself to the hard edge of an output for a mix. I have done plenty of LED systems where I've used a TH2G to drive multiple scalers so that I can have as many mixes as I want.

Hypothetically, you could scale to the left side of an output and make that a mix and the right side of the same output and make that a mix also. There are canned settings for the mixes but you can also adjust them in any manner you want.
    SourceChild
    TODD SCRUTCHFIELD

...if it ain't broke...
    gimme 5 and then don't act surprised

complicit at the old vic in london is running 4 macs with 6 outputs on each- from 2 TH2Go at 800x600.

http://www.londontown.com/LondonEvents/Complicit/0a2e4

http://www.oldvictheatre.com/