Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Widescreen overlap

Precisely why I have gone with Catalyst!

I guess the main thing I was referring to was the blending features.

You can't beat the live manipulation abilities of Catalyst. Offers a much wider range of uses.

My clients in the corporate world love the option of incorporating graphics/logos etc. at the last minute especially given that rehearsal time is so limited on many of these events.

Quote Originally Posted by tharding
    My clients in the corporate world love the option of incorporating graphics/logos etc. at the last minute especially given that rehearsal time is so limited on many of these events.
    Watchout - has its place - if you need more graphics intensive stuff - or you have been able to tie everything down in the production and post-production process.

but my experience doing shows and trade shows for the last 15 years, has been that clients havent often got things sorted out, and dont ever get them sorted out.

Sometimes they have no idea what they are doing or why.
    Its all a bit of a hack -

But they still need to get a show out of it - in the easiest way possible, and they need to see and experience variations of things as easily as possible, so that they can decide in the show context.

I tried to do something that is 'suck it and see'.

I tried to do something that doesnt always require much preparation - something you can fiddle with - and still get effective results.

Quote Originally Posted by tharding
    I guess the main thing I was referring to was the blending features.
    the blending stuff comes from watching a lot of abstract art films at various film coops in the last 20 years.

i always like the way film artists like stan brakhage
    http://www.fredcamper.com/Film/BrakhageL.html
    and many other sites....
    created visual experiences by printing in certain ways on optical film printers.
    thats why there is a random play mode....

I always liked the experiments with film loops.

So in the software a key thing is to be able to do rhythmical effects like play 2 loops together - of slightly different lengths - with a different blending mode.
    You then get a visual rhythm set up - and the image doesnt repeat - its like a sampler.

Im quite influenced by experimental films....