i had a very good reason for suggesting what i said-

i saw a problem with the composite input on the card last year - it only affected the composite input- not the sdi input- there was some problem with this - i have no idea the cause-

this is not related to anything anyone else was discussing on this thread-

there are a whole bunch of other issues with video input- and computers but the composite problem with sdi input cards is the first that needs to be checked.
---

ask mainlight about LFG cards- and whether you can loan one-

Quote Originally Posted by ajmaudio View Post
well being on tour and having 3 jobs on said tour didnt leave much room for tinkering... we managed to get away with it as it was a rock show and nobody seemed to notice.. however I have a more corporate type for new years and I dont think this performance is going to be acceptable. I also noticed that someone else was having this same problem even using the sdi input on this same card. At this point I just wish I coudl trade this card for an LFG though it seems that this issue should NOT even be happening purely based on what this card is used for normally. Seems like its gotta be solvable but then I dont know. I only have the stock 2 gigs of ram in this machine but while checkin memory usage during use I find that well over half of the actual ram is still available to the machine.. that was my last thought on the issue. anyone else made any headway?

on a side note if anyone has an LFG card that I could rent in the nashville area id be interested.