Thread: occasional stutter on video input

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by ajmaudio View Post
    using a blackmagic extreme for composite input on a tour... works flawlwess most of the time but every now and then I get a few seconds of jerky video then all is normal again. I cannot be 100 percent sure at this point that it is my catalyst but I assume that the ledpros driving our slight are not causing this. anyone have any thoughts? anyone had any issues at all like this? its very random and I have not been able to see this happen on the catalyst itself.
    i have seen problems like this with specifically the composite input on a decklink extreme- on a tour last year- didnt seem to affect the sdi input.

can you get the sdi input to work and compare?

---

but in these systems there are lots of sources of these things.

Not sure that I will be able to do that while we are out on tour... I'll try... I looked on the Black Magic site and found a new firmware release that fixes genlock stability and general stability and performance but when I called them they said they had no reports of issues like mine. I'm not certain that a genlock issue would look like this.. though it may in the digital domain once the signal is "in the card". As far as other things that may cause this... are there any system tweaks or other things anyone can recommend taking a look at... the system is flawless aside from this issue and I'd like to get it rectified asap.. thanks